24

-September 29th 1995-

   I am at Monica and Rachel's with Chandler,Rachel and Joey who are eating and Phoebe is preparing Ben's milk...I keep looking at Ben knowing I'm gonna be a mother.

Phoebe:Ben dinner!.

Ross:Thanks Aunt Pheebs.Hey you didn't microwave that did you because it's breast milk and you're not supposed to do that.

Phoebe:Duh I think I know how to heat breast milk.Ok."Squirts some on her wrist and tastes it".

Chandler:What did you just do?.

Phoebe:I licked my arm.What?.

Ross:It's breast milk.

Phoebe:So?.

Rachel:Phoebe that is juice squeezed from a person.

   I start to bite my lip to hold a chuckle at how ridiculous they are being.

Joey:What is the big deal?."Tastes the breast milk".

Chandler:What did you just do?.

Ross:Ok would people stop drinking the breast milk?.

Phoebe:You won't even taste it?.

Ross:No!.

Phoebe:Not even if you just pretend that it's milk?.

Ross:Not even if Carol's breast had a picture of a missing child on it.

*****************************************

   Later at Monica and Rachel's Ben is playing in his crib while Chandler and Ross are leaning against the rim and are completely asleep.

Monica:"Into phone".Hi who's this?.Hi Joanne.Is Rachel working?.It's Monica...Yes I know I did a horrible thing...Joanne it's not as simple as all that ok?.No I don't care what Steve thinks...Hi Steve.

   There's a knock on the door which is answered by Phoebe.

Carol,Susan:Hey!

   This wakes Chandler and Ross up and I Smirk.

Carol:How did we do?.

Phoebe:Oh I tasted Ben's milk and Ross freaked out.

Ross:I did not freak out.

Carol:Why'd you freak out?.

Ross:Because it's breast milk.It's gross.

Carol:My breast milk is gross?.

Susan,Elizabeth:This should be fun.

   We both look at eachother and chuckle after saying the same thing.

Ross:No,no Carol.There's nothing wrong with it.I just,I just don't think breast milk is for adults.

Chandler:Of course the packaging does appeal to grown ups and kids alike.

Carol:Ross you're being silly.I've tried it,it's no big deal.Just taste it."Holding out a bottle".

Ross:,Jumping away".That would be no.

Phoebe:Come on.It doesn't taste bad.

Joey:Yeah it's kinda sweet sorta like uh...

Susan:Cantaloupe juice.

Joey:Exactly.

Ross:"Staring at Susan".You've tasted it?. You've tasted it.

Susan:Uhuh.

Ross:Oh you've tasted it.

Susan:You can keep saying it but it won't stop being true.

Ross:"Rolls up his sleeve".Gimme the bottle.

   Joey hands him the bottle and Ross squirts some on his arm.

Ross:Gimme the towel.

   Joey gives him the towel and he wipes it off.

*****************************************

-October 9th 1995-

   I am now 8 weeks pregnant with the baby and will be getting blood test results soon for the gender...I enter Central Perk and I see everyone we all say hey to eachother and I sit down.We talk about work and our crazy lives but soon I feel a pain in my stomach...A pain like you get when you have gas...I gasp at the pain and Phoebe looks at me.

Elizabeth:I think it's just gas build up...

   Phoebe nods at my whisper to her and I stand up.

Elizabeth:Well I have to get to the stage.

Ross:What are you gonna be performing?.

Elizabeth:Nothing set in stone just yet.

   I say goodbye to everyone and I get to work.I stand up on stage and get ready to deliver my lines when I feel a large pain in my stomach and I collapse to the ground and feel liquid run down my legs.I begin to blackout as I hear people call for an ambulance.

-October 10th 1995-

   I hold my premature baby in my arms.I haven't called to tell anyone I'm in the hospital...A nurse enters my room.

???:Miss Monroe it's time for preparations for your baby's autopsy.

   I nod and look at my baby one last time as I hand it to the nurse as I begin to cry again feeling guilty like I did something wrong.

???:Your baby is a girl by the way.

   I nod...A baby girl Monroe...If only she would have lived and I have not went into premature labor.

???:Papers will be sent to you tommorow...Other wise you can now discharge ma'am."Leaves".

   I grab my things and I discharge from the hospital and immediately go home.When I get there I lay down on my bed and look up at the ceiling.Feeling empty at the feeling of my baby being gone.My baby girl...

-October 12th 1995-

   I enter Monica and Rachel's seeing everyone...No one including Phoebe knows about the loss of my baby.I will tell Phoebe sometime.But no one else knew in the first place.

Joey:This is unbelievable Pheebs how can you be married?.

Phoebe:Well I mean I'm not married married ya know he's just a friend and he's gay and he's just from Canada and he just needed a green card.

Monica:I can't believe you married Duncan. I mean how could you not tell me?.We lived together we told each other everything.

Phoebe:I'm sorry Monica but I knew if I told you you'd get really like judgemental and you would not approve.

Monica:Of course I wouldn't approve I mean you were totally in love with this guy who hello was gay. I mean what the hell were you thinking?.

Ross:You see and you thought she'd be judgemental.

Phoebe:Ok I wasn't in love with him and I was just helping out a friend.

Monica:Please when he left town you stayed in your pajamas for a month and I saw you eat a cheeseburger.

Everyone:Huh.

Monica:Well didn't you?.

Phoebe:I might have.

Monica:I can't believe you didn't tell me.

Phoebe:Oh c'mon like you tell me everything.

Monica:What have I not told you?.

Phoebe:Oh I don't know.Um how about the fact that the underwear out there on the telephone pole is yours from when you were having sex with Fun Bobby out on the terrace.

Rachel:What?!.

Elizabeth:Well Phoebe just so you know i know that wasn't the only time you ate a cheeseburger.

Everyone:What?.

Phoebe:Well let's not forget the fact you are pregnant and told only me!.

   I look at Phoebe and everyone looks at me shocked.I run out of the apartment and to Central Perk.