30

-January 4th 1996-

   We are all walking to a newsstand late at night.Joey is the lead and is walking fast.

Rachel:Joey would you slow down?.They're not gonna be sold out of papers at one o'clock in the morning.

Joey:"Takes a paper".I'm excited!.I've never gotten reviewed before.

Monica:You were so amazing as the king.I was really impressed I was.

   Everyone but me grabs a news paper as Phoebe speaks up.

Phoebe:Although you know what?.You might want to consider wearing underwear next time.Yeah cause when you sat down on your throne you could kind of see your...royal subject.

Joey:Here it is,here it is."Reading from newspaper".The only thing worse than the mindless,adolescent direction was Joseph Tribbiani's disturbingly unskilled portrayal of the king.

Chandler:Ok look that is one guy's opinion alright.Pheebs read yours.

Phoebe:Ok."Reading".The only thing worse than the mindless,adolescent direction...

Chandler:Does anyone have one from a different paper?.Ross read yours.

Ross:I don't want to.

   Joey sits down on the sidewalk and we all stand next to him.

Rachel:Joey honey they don't know what they're talking about.

Ross:Yeah.

Joey:Maybe they do.I've been doing this ten years and I haven't gotten anywhere. There's gotta be a reason.

Ross:Oh c'mon.Maybe you're just uh... paying your dues.

Joey:No,no,no it,it's too hard.It's not worth it.I quit.

Elizabeth:Joey I have been in terrible plays when I first started.It takes time.What I see when I see you acting is I see a hard working actor that doesn't get much credit for it.

Monica:Wait,wait,wait,wait,wait one minute.Wait a minute.I believe this will change your mind."Reads".In a mediocre play,Joseph Tribbiana was able to achieve brilliant new levels of...continued on page 153..."Turns it".sucking.

*****************************************
-January 5th 1996-

   In Monica and Rachel's apartment Me,Chandler,Phoebe,Rachel and Monica are comforting Joey.Rachel has her hands on Joey's shoulders as we sit at the kitchen table.

Joey:When I was little I wanted to be a veteranarian but then I found out you had to put your hands into cows and stuff.

Ross enters sadly.

Ross:Hi...

Phoebe:Are,are you ok?.

Ross:Yeah,yeah just a tough day at work.A stegosaurus fell over and trapped a kid."Sees Jacket in chair".Whoa,whoa I know this jacket this is th-Fun Bobby's jacket.Where is he what.He,he's here isn't he?.