46

-November 6th 1997-

   At Monica and Rachel's. Me,Ross,Rachel and Phoebe are here as Chandler enters.

Chandler:Hi.You guys have any wrapping paper?.

Phoebe:Oh.Is it for my birthday present?.

Chandler:Pheebs it was your birthday like months ago.

Phoebe:Yeah but remember you said you ordered something special and it just hasn't come yet?.

Chandler:Well I have a call in about that.

Phoebe:Kay.

Chandler:Actually this is for Kathy's birthday.It's an early edition of her favorite book.

Rachel:Oh The Velveteen Rabbit.Oh my God when the boy's love makes the rabbit real.

Chandler#Okay but don't touch it because your fingers have destructive oils.

Rachel:Huh.Well then you'd better keep it away from Ross's hair.

Elizabeth:So this is pretty rare.How did you get that?.

Chandler:Oh it wasn't a big deal.I just went to a couple of bookstores,talked to a couple of dealers...called a couple of the author's grandchildren.

Rachel:Oh honey that's so sweet.

Phoebe:Yeah and what a great way to say, I secretly love you,roommate's girlfriend.

Chandler:It doesn't say that.Does it?.

Ross:How do you think it's gonna look when you get her something incredibly meaningful and expensive and her boyfriend Joey gives her an orange?.

Chandler:Okay all right I'll just uh make sure that uh Joey gets her something really great.

Phoebe:It's gotta be better than that book. Oh.Like a crossbow.

   Monica enters from her bedroom talking on the phone.

Monica:"Into Phone".Yeah once again I am sorry.Thank you.Bye."Hangs up".I just had to turn down a job catering a funeral for sixty people.

Rachel:Oh my God.What happened?.

Monica:Sixty guests.

Elizabeth:So uh why did you have to turn it down?.

Monica:Because I don't have the money or the equipment to handle something that big on such short notice.I mean there's no way.

Phoebe:Wow what is with all the negativity?.You sound like Monican't not Monican...Monica.Look you know you have been playing around with this catering thing for over three years.Do you want to be a caterer or not?.

Monica:I don't know.

Phoebe:There you go that's the spirit.Okay. Now if you need money I will lend you money but just get moving.

Monica:Really?.Cause I'd need like $500 for all the food and the supplies and stuff.

Phoebe:Okay.It's worth it if it will get you moving.You haven't worked in months.