34

-March 28th 1996-

   I am at Central Perk talking with Gunther and Joey comes up to the bar to order.

Joey:Hey Gunther let me get a lemonade to go.

Gunther:Lemonade?.You ok man?.

Joey:Ah it's career stuff.I don't know if you heard but they killed off my character on the show.

Gunther:Oh that's too bad.How'd they do it?.

Joey:I fell down an elevator shaft.

Gunther:That sucks.I was buried in an avalanche.

Joey:What?.

Gunther:I used to be Bryce on All My Children.

Elizabeth:If you talk to Gunther long enough you would get to know a lot about him...Anyway I have to get going now...I have work tommorow.

Joey nods and i pat him on the shoulder.

Elizabeth:Keep hope.Okay?.

Joey:Okay.

Elizabeth:Bye Gunther.

Gunther:Bye Elizabeth.

*****************************************
-March 29th 1996-

   The next day I am at Joey's apartment with Joey and we are watching movers take all his stuff away.

Joey:Oh hey uh be careful with that 3D last supper Judas is a little loose.

Ross:"Enters".Oh my God what's going on?.

Joey:They're takin all my stuff back.I guess you were right.

Ross:No look I wasn't right that's what I came here to tell you.I was totally hung up on,on my own stuff.Listen I'm someone who needs the whole security thing ya know.To know exactly where my next paycheck is coming from buy you,you don't need that and that's amazing to me.I could never do what you do Joey.

Joey:Thanks Ross.

Ross:Yeah.And you should hold out for something bigger.I can't tell you how much respect I have for you not going to that stupid cab driver audition.

Joey:I went.

Ross:Great how did it go?.

Joey:I didn't get it.

Ross:Good for you.

Joey:What?.

Ross:You're living the dream.

Joey:Huh?.

Ross:All right then.

Movers are removing a glass parrot.

Joey:Oh not my parrot.

Ross:What?.

Joey:I can't watch this.

   Ross approaches the mover holding the parrot.

Ross:Hey hold on,hold on.How much for the uh how much to save the bird?.

???:1200.

Ross:Dollars?.You spent $1200 dollars on a plastic bird?.

Joey:Uh I was an impulse buyer near the register.

Ross:Go ahead,go ahead with the bird.Ok do you have anything for around 200?.

???:Uh the dog."Points to a big poecelain greyhound".

Ross:Huh.

???:Yeah.

Ross:I'll take it.My gift to you man.

Joey:Thanks Ross.I really like that bird though...I'll take the dog though.

   I run after the mover with the bird and I take out my wallet and give the mover $1200 and an extra $1000 to take it to my apartment...Later that day after its delivered I enter my apartment with Joey and turn on the lights and point at it.

Joey:My parrot!.

Elizabeth:"Smiles".Cost me $2200 but it was worth it...My gift to my favorite actor.

Joey:"Hugs Liz". You are the best!.

Elizabeth:"Chuckles".Your welcome.

*****************************************

-April 5th 1996-

   At Central Perk.Me,Monica and Rachel are here as Phoebe enters carrying video tapes.

Phoebe:Hey.

Elizabeth:Hey sweets.

Rachel:Hey Pheebs whatcha got there?.

Phoebe:Ok Love Story,Brian's Song and Terms of Endearment.

Monica:Wow all you need now is The Killing Fields and some guacamole and you've got yourself a partay.

Phoebe:Yeah I talked to my grandma about the Old Yeller incident and she told me that my mom used to not show us the ends of sad movies to shield us from the pain and sadness.You know before she killed herself.

   Chandler and Joey enter the shop and my stomach flutters as I see Chandler.

Chandler:Hey.

Elizabeth:Hello.

Joey:Hey.

Rachel:Hey.

Monica:Hey.Where is he,where's Richard?.Did you ditch him?.

Joey:Yeah right after we stole his lunch money and gave him a wedgie.What's the matter with you?.He's parking the car.

Monica:So'd you guys have fun?.

Chandler:Your boyfriend is so cool.

Monica:Really?.

Chandler:Yeah he let us drive his Jaguar. Joey for 12 blocks me for 15.

Rachel:Wow he must like you the best.

Joey:Oh what about that thing he did when he tipped the guy who showed us to our seats.You never even saw the money it was like this."With money in his palm".Hey Chandler thanks for showing us to our seats."Shakes his hand passing the dollar".

Chandler:You're welcome.Hey Joey, thanks for parking the car."Passes the dollar back".

Joey:No problem.Hey Chandler

Chandler:I think they get it.

Joey:Ok.

Richard enters the shop.

Chandler:There's the man.

Joey:He-he-eyy."Shakes his had and passes the dollar".

Richard:Hey you're getting better.I'm gonna keep this by the way.

Joey:Ok.He kept my dollar.

I hold a chuckle at the boys.

*****************************************

   I am at my job and I am practicing lines for a play I am gonna be in and my co-star Alec walks over to me.

Alec:Hey Elizabeth.Whay do you say we go on a date?.

   I can't help but think of Chandler when he mentions Date.

Elizabeth:I'm sorry Alec but I'm not interested.

Alec:Oh come on.Give me a chance will ya?.

Elizabeth:I'm sorry.I-I just can't.

   I walk away from set leaving Alec just staring at me.I go to my dressing room and laydown...Why do I feel this way towards one of my bestfriend's?...Why do I have such a big crush on Chandler Muriel Bing?...Is it his sarcasm?,His looks?. Him being there for me when I need him?.