74

-December 16th 1999-

   At Monica and Zakery’s apartment everyone except Ross is here decorating the tree.

Chandler:Let me ask you why is everybody using these tiny lights nowadays?.I remember when people used to use big lights.

Rachel:That’s a good story Grandpa.

   I chuckle and Chandler glares at me but then smiles and Ross enters the apartment.

Ross:Hey

All:Hey

Ross:Wow Monica’s letting other people help decorate her tree!.Did someone get her drunk again or?.

Monica:Having a perfectly decorated tree is not what Christmas is about.It’s about being with the people that you love.

Phoebe:That is nice and we’re done.TADA!.

   Phoebe's side of the tree looks a complete mess.

Zakery:I dunno what it is it just doesn’t quite feel like Christmas to me.

Monica:Oh here.

   Monica turns the tree around so that her side which is perfectly decorated is showing.

Elizabeth:See now it feels like Christmas!.

*****************************************

-December 17th 1999-

   The next day at Central Perk everyone but Phoebe and Joey are hanging out.

Ross:And that’s the story of the dreidle.Now some people trace the Christmas tree back to the Egyptians who used to bring green palm branches into their huts on the shortest day of the year symbolising life’s triumph over death.And that was like 4000 years ago.

Rachel:So pretty much around the same time that you started telling this story.

I laugh as Joey enters the cafe.

Joey:Hey you guys.

Elizabeth:Hey Joe what’s up?.

Joey:I had to get out of the apartment. Janine is like stretching all over the place. Y’know everywhere I look she’s like."Imitates her stretching".

Chandlee:I can see why that’s hard to resist.

Joey:I like her so much.

Monica:Aw I’m sorry sweetie that she doesn’t feel the same way.

Joey:I know.And she’s so sweet.I just wanna feed her grapes and brush her hair.

Zakery:You are aware that she’s not a monkey right?.

Ross:I am so over Janine.I mean yeah at first I thought she was hot but now she’s like old news.

Janine enters the Cafe.

Janine:Hey guys!.

Ross:Hi Janine!.