48

-January 15th 1998-

   At Monica and Rachel's Me,Ross and Phoebe have joined Chandler for breakfast and Rachel is returning from shopping.

Elizabeth:Hey.

Ross:Hey what are you doing shopping at eight in the morning?.

Rachel:Well I’ve been up since six.Thanks to somebody’s dumbass rooster.

Phoebe:You guys you really should get rid of those animals.They shouldn’t be living in an apartment.

Rachel:Yeah.Especially not with all of these knives and cookbooks around…

Phoebe:All right.Me and EM are gonna go to the fertility doctor and um see if I’m ready to have Frank and Alice’s embryo transferred into my uterus.

Ross:Now how will they know if you’re ready?.

Phoebe:Oh they’re just gonna um look to see if my endometria layer is thick.

Chandler:Oh I can uh check that for ya.

Phoebe:Okay everyone think thick.

Everyone:Goodbye!,Good luck!.

   Phoebe opens the door to reveal Monica and Joey.

Phoebe:Hi.Wish me luck!.

Monica:Oh good luck.

Joey:Good luck.

*****************************************

   At the Doctor’s office Dr.Zane is examining Phoebe as Me,Frank and Alice watch.

Zane:It looks like your uterus is ready for implantation.

Phoebe:Oh.I knew it,I knew it.I felt really thick this morning.

Frank:Well okay so what’s now go get,go get the eggs put em in there.

Zane:Okay it’ll take just a little while to prepare the embryos.

Phoebe:Embryos?.As in More than one?.

Dr. Zane;Umhm five actually.

Phoebe:Five?.Okay where am I giving birth a hospital or a big box under the stairs?.

Zane:We do five because that gives you a 25% chance that at least one will attach.

Phoebe:That’s it.25 percent?.That means that’s it’s like 75 percent chance of no baby at all.

Frank:Hey y’know I was thinking what are the odds like if,if,if you stuff like 200 of them in there?.

Elizabeth:She’s a woman not a gumball machine.

Phoebe:Okay well y’know what don’t worry you guys cause I’m,I’m gonna do this as many times as it takes to get it right.

Frank:Well you see the,the thing is we,we only got we kinda have one shot to make it right.

Alice:Um it costs $16,000 each time you do this.So um we’re kinda using all the money we have to do it just this one time.