Chapter 7 Scum, Go Die

"Good for you, the first time in my life I've been slapped."

Fu Jicheng's face was as cold as water, grabbing the wrist of the culprit firmly, locking it in place, his voice icy as it echoed in the room, "Take a good look at who I am."

With her head burning and dizzy, Shen Jianian could barely make out his words.

"Get lost. Scum, go die..." Her hand was controlled, but her legs were free. She kicked desperately, refusing to give in. "Even if I die, I won't let you succeed!"

Fu Jicheng was kicked several times in succession, one of them hitting him squarely between the legs. He winced, his face darkening.

Doing a good deed but getting a beating in return would make even a saint angry, especially considering he wasn't known for his good temper.

Kicking off his slippers, Fu Jicheng straddled the girl on the bed, pinning down her thrashing legs, his threatening words carrying an oppressive tone, "Move again and I'll throw you out, believe it or not?"

His voice was cold, devoid of any warmth, yet Shen Jianian miraculously calmed down.

Because this voice had nothing to do with the lecherous laughter that haunted her memories.

The restless air settled back into silence. At that moment, the door was pushed open from outside, shocking Zhou Rongzhen who hadn't even entered yet, nearly causing her to lose her footing.

Mr. Fu stood with his legs apart, dominating the injured girl on both sides of her body, one hand capturing her delicate wrists, his face inches from hers, their noses almost touching.

Their size difference was stark, like a mighty lion pouncing on a kitten.

Zhou Rongzhen neither advanced nor retreated, hesitating to break the silence, "S-Sir..."

Fu Jicheng snapped out of his trance, the darkness on his face receding like a tide. He released his grip on the person beneath him, got off the bed, straightened his rumpled robe, and turned his back to the door, "Please ask Xiao Jingshan to come over."

"Okay."

Zhou Rongzhen withdrew her gaze and hurried away.

Fortunately, she checked up every hour, just in case something happened to the girl.

Xiao Jingshan crawled out of bed and made his way to the third floor, rubbing his sleepy eyes. Fu Jicheng had just lit a cigarette, his face tinged with a suspicious red, as if he had been hit.

Xiao Jingshan inwardly dismissed the thought. Who would dare to hit Fu Jicheng?

"Go see, it seems like the person has a fever." Fu Jicheng saw him coming up, his expression not much softened, pointing to the room on the left.

Xiao Jingshan shook off his drowsiness, ready to treat the person with a professional attitude.

Fu Jicheng finished his cigarette and followed inside. Xiao Jingshan held up the thermometer for him to see, "High fever of over thirty-nine degrees, her mind is fuzzy, she needs an IV, but I didn't bring anything with me."

Fu Jicheng frowned. No wonder he couldn't wake her up no matter what.

Seeing his change in expression, Xiao Jingshan immediately said, "I'll call an assistant over, quickly."

Fu Jicheng nodded lightly.

Xiao Jingshan asked, "You haven't slept, been watching over her?"

Fu Jicheng looked at him without saying a word, his gaze seeming to say he was spouting nonsense.

Xiao Jingshan raised an eyebrow, the owner of this house was taciturn, and the servants kept their mouths shut. He still hadn't figured out who the person on the bed was.

Outside, the rain continued to pour, the pitter-patter of raindrops on banana leaves never ceasing, occasionally accompanied by distant thunder.

Forty minutes later, Xiao Jingshan's assistant entered the Rose Manor, his shoulders wet from the rain. Without bothering to wipe them, he handed a large silver medical box to Xiao Jingshan.

Fu Jicheng didn't rest, trying to ward off sleepiness, he smoked a few cigarettes, leaning back on the sofa to watch Xiao Jingshan administer the IV to the person lying unconscious on the bed.

The thin needle picked at the skin, poking several times, just looking at it was painful.

"Do you even know how to do it?" Fu Jicheng's brow furrowed deeply.

Xiao Jingshan's brow furrowed even deeper than his.

Fu Jicheng got up from the sofa and approached the bed, watching him poke another needle into the thin skin, leaving behind several needle marks that turned purple and seemed to have some red rashes.

Before he could protest, Xiao Jingshan said, "I'm doing a skin test on her. It's rare; she's allergic to penicillin, erythromycin, and cephalosporin, only able to take levofloxacin."

Fu Jicheng, being ignorant in this field, only heard the girl on the bed hum