Chapter 62: Mourning Over Feelings

"Jianian, take a look at this!" Bai Changxia nudged Shen Jianian's shoulder, holding her phone up to her face.

The news article was accompanied by a photo taken at Terminal 3 of the North City International Airport. A tall man in casual black attire, wearing a fisherman's hat, sunglasses, and a face mask, was pushing two suitcases of the same size.

Just as described in the text, he returned home quietly.

Even though he dressed inconspicuously, as the only heir of the Pei family in the North City, he would still be recognized and photographed by people for online attention.

There were quite a few comments below the article.

"Is the young master of the Pei family really that handsome? I would've mistaken him for a top-tier actor if not told otherwise."

"He hasn't even shown his face, how can you tell he's handsome?"

"You don't understand. Handsome men exude a certain aura."

"His broad shoulders, narrow waist, and long legs are superior. Tonight's dream material is sorted."

"I remember someone submitted his photos to trending topics when we were in high school. They said he's the most handsome among the second generation."

"A lot of the second-generation elites in the North City circle haven't shown their faces. Whether he's the most handsome remains to be seen."

Bai Changxia looked at Shen Jianian, who seemed lost in thought, and spoke with a complex tone, "I didn't expect him to return home early. Probably because he couldn't contact you after trying many times, he couldn't focus on studying abroad."

Based on the timeline of Pei Che's doctoral studies, he hadn't graduated yet, so his urgent return home could only be related to Shen Jianian. Bai Changxia now knew about the grievances between Shen Jianian and the Pei family. She felt that Pei Che's return at this time would complicate matters.

The bond between them, as childhood sweethearts, was extraordinary. Facing both new grievances and old feelings, how would Shen Jianian choose?

No matter what choice she made, Shen Jianian would be the one hurt.

Bai Changxia, even though not directly involved, felt deeply conflicted. She couldn't help but wonder what she would do if faced with the same situation.

The answer was uncertain.

Shen Jianian didn't express any opinion on Pei Che's return. She looked away from the phone screen indifferently and said, "Let's go to bed. I have to work tomorrow morning."

Bai Changxia stayed in Yicheng for two days, and Shen Jianian urged her to return.

"I'm very busy with work and don't have much time to spend with you. It doesn't feel right for you to stay in the hotel all the time," Shen Jianian said after getting off work, coming over to help her pack her luggage. "You saw it yourself, I'm doing fine."

She bought some local specialties from Yicheng and packed them into Bai Changxia's suitcase.

"You sit and rest, I'll do it," Bai Changxia insisted. She had become quite stubborn now, almost insisting on having her way, unlike the obedient and adorable Shen Jianian from before.

Shen Jianian put down the things and sat on the sofa, watching Bai Changxia neatly fold a stack of clothes and stuff them into the luggage.

"I can go back, but you have to promise to keep in touch with me regularly," Bai Changxia made a request.

Shen Jianian didn't hesitate to promise, "I promise."

Bai Changxia finally smiled.

After checking out, Shen Jianian arranged for the hotel's shuttle to take Bai Changxia to the airport. They chatted a lot on the way, deliberately avoiding that name.