Chapter 112 A Grand Gift

Shen Jianne stepped lightly in her four-centimeter high heels, walking slowly to his side.

With a height of one hundred and sixty-six centimeters, wearing high heels brought her to a perfect one hundred and seventy centimeters. Due to her petite frame, when she wore the qipao, she exuded a graceful and elegant charm with every step.

Fu Jichen's eyes deepened slightly as he reached out and grabbed her wrist, pulling her into his embrace, letting her stand between his legs.

Opening the deep blue velvet box, the entire set of pearl jewelry shimmered under the light. Fu Jichen took out the necklace and wrapped it around her delicate swan-like neck, fumbling to fasten the clasp.

Then, picking up a pearl earring, Fu Jichen leaned in slightly, carefully threading the thin needle through Shen Jianne's earlobe.

Afraid of hurting her, he was especially careful with his movements.

Shen Jianne felt a tingling sensation at her fingertips and curled up slightly.

"Does it hurt?" Fu Jichen was inexperienced in doing such things, sounding somewhat awkward.

Shen Jianne suppressed her breath, her voice as light as a feather. "No, it doesn't."

Finally finishing with one earring, Fu Jichen breathed a sigh of relief and picked up the other one. Shen Jianne's heart was beating so fast it felt like it was about to burst, raising her hand as if to take the earring from him, "I'll do it myself."

Fu Jichen dodged her hand and blocked it with his elbow. "Tilt your head."

Shen Jianne could only lower her hand and turn her head to offer him her other ear.

With some experience now, Fu Jichen smoothly put on the second earring. Placing both hands on her shoulders, he carefully examined her, the fur collar of the qipao framing her delicate face, making her look like a beautiful snow jade.

Once he had admired her enough, Shen Jianne sat down in front of the dressing table to finish her makeup.

Considering the presence of elders, she applied a light, barely-there makeup, only spending a bit more effort on her eyebrows and lips. To match the qipao, she drew thin willow leaf-shaped eyebrows and applied a low-saturation peach color to her lips.

Qumo was waiting in the car, and when he saw the door open and the light shining onto the porch, two people walked out, Fu Jichen and Shen Jianne.

Shen Jianne was holding onto Fu Jichen's arm.

One in a deep black suit, the other in an elegant qipao, they were a perfect match, resembling characters from a Republic of China-era movie poster.

Qumo snapped out of his reverie, got out of the car, and opened the back door. Shen Jianne got in first, followed by Fu Jichen, who sat beside her. Suddenly, something fell out of his pants pocket, landing on the leather seat with a soft "thud".

Fu Jichen glanced down and picked it up. It was something he had prepared for Shen Jianne. He grabbed her hand and placed the object in her palm. "Put it on yourself."

"What's this?" Shen Jianne looked at the string of beads in her hand. The main body was a green jade bead adorned with four red agates, and the pendant was a butterfly-shaped jade pendant, with two strands of tassels at the bottom, strung with small beads.

"A chest ornament," Fu Jichen crossed his long legs, looking at her. "Hang it on the clasp of the qipao."

Shen Jianne thought for a moment and seemed to remember seeing others wear decorative ornaments on the clasp of their qipao. Looking at the beads in her hand, she indeed saw a short rope buckle that could hang on the clasp.