Chapter 81: Booking Tickets Now

Fu Yuling was pushed aside, hands on her hips as she pouted at Fu Jichen, "Brother, why do you sound just like Grandpa now? You're not even thirty yet, but you're acting so old?"

She was different, wearing a rosy pink dress, bare-legged despite the cold weather, her light chestnut hair braided into two fishbone braids and draped over her head.

Despite being the same age, she still looked innocent and naive, knowing nothing of the ways of the world.

Fu Jichen didn't even spare her a glance, his expression cold as he took off his coat and handed it to the approaching servant, then turned to Wei Ronghua, who had followed behind him, asking, "Where's Grandpa?"

"He's in the study upstairs."

Wei Ronghua wanted to ask if he wanted dinner or if she should cook something, but he walked past her and headed upstairs, his tall figure straight and imposing, like a towering tree.

Fu Yuling stared at his figure for a long time until he disappeared around the corner of the stairs, and she couldn't see him anymore. She reluctantly withdrew her gaze and sat down on the sofa, shaking her head and sighing, "Ever since my brother got a girlfriend, he's been liking me, his sister, less and less."

"Don't say nonsense," Wei Ronghua frowned, reminding her, "Don't mention this matter at home in the future."

She had heard about it. Jichen had a girlfriend in Yicheng, a fallen heiress from the Shen family. There had been news recently about her cavorting with the young master of the Pei family in the hospital ward, making a scene.

With that kind of family background, not to mention Grandpa, even she couldn't pass muster.

"Whether I mention it or not, everyone already knows," Fu Yuling said indifferently, admiring her newly done berry-colored nails that matched her dress, not caring at all, "My brother is flaunting his relationship with his girlfriend in Yicheng so openly, he obviously doesn't intend to keep it a secret."

Wei Ronghua's face darkened. "People in the family know, but it shouldn't spread outside."

"Oh." Fu Yuling glanced at the staircase. "Why hasn't my brother come down yet?"

Wei Ronghua also looked in the direction of the stairs, worriedly saying, "He's probably upstairs chatting with Grandpa. It's been half a year since they last met; there's a lot to talk about between grandfather and grandson."

She just hoped that Jichen could control himself, not anger Grandpa anymore, and apologize to the old man, trying to stay in Beicheng. She knew very well that among the younger generation, Jichen was the most outstanding and capable, suitable for heavy responsibilities. Although Grandpa didn't say it, he loved Jichen the most, deep down.

Her future position as a mother depended entirely on him.

In the study on the third floor, when Fu Jichen knocked on the door and entered, the old master was sitting in a sandalwood chair reading a book, dressed in a deep gray silk robe, looking spirited and vigorous, with a solid aura.

Beside the table was a small yellow clay stove, crackling with charcoal, and a teapot sat on top, just boiling, emitting a mist of white vapor.

Fu Jichen walked over with measured steps, and the old master didn't raise his head, his gaze fixed on the book. Fu Jichen picked up the white square towel from the table, folded it and placed it on the handle of the teapot, then poured a cup of tea for the old master, "Grandpa."

The old master only closed the book, raised his eyes to look at the person standing beside the table, "Back?"

"Yes, just arrived." Fu Jichen put down the teapot, wiped his hands with the towel, and sat down on the chair opposite the old master. "Sorry to have worried you."