Chapter 108: You're Shy

Fu Jicheng set down his phone and gave her an affirming look.

Shen Jiani hurriedly said, "You should ask the doctor. I don't think I need to stay in the hospital for my condition."

"You didn't feel yourself getting a fever?" Fu Jicheng placed his palm on her forehead. His temperature was higher than hers, and she had already received two bottles of IV fluids while she was unconscious. It might take a while for the fever to go down.

Returning from the cemetery to home, Shen Jiani also felt her cheeks were a bit hot. She thought it was because her face swelled up after being slapped, but she didn't expect to be sick.

"Probably because I stood in the cold wind for too long at the cemetery and got a little wet from the rain. I caught a cold," Shen Jiani explained.

Fu Jicheng looked at her bewildered expression and lightly mocked, "I really don't know how you've managed to live for over twenty years." She didn't seem to know how to take care of herself at all.

Shen Jiani could hear the concern in his words, despite his somewhat harsh tone. So, she didn't argue with him.

After waiting for about twenty minutes, someone knocked on the door outside the ward. It should be the food delivery.

Fu Jicheng went to open the door, received several bags from the person outside, and brought them in.

Shen Jiani saw through the open door that the visitor was Fu Jicheng's special assistant, Song Fang, who was dressed in a suit. After delivering the items, he casually mentioned tomorrow morning's schedule to Fu Jicheng.

Fu Jicheng gave him some instructions, closed the door, and placed the food on the table.

"After you finish eating, you should go back to rest. I'm not inconvenienced in any way," Shen Jiani heard how busy he was with work and didn't want him to be uncomfortable in the hospital room.

The VIP ward provided beds for family members, but that bed was too simple for him. Since he was so busy, he should have a good environment to ensure the quality of his sleep.

"If you're worried, you can ask Aunt Cheng to come and accompany me," Shen Jiani believed he couldn't possibly leave her alone in the hospital, so she compromised.

"Are you done?" Fu Jicheng lifted the table on the bed and placed a bowl of porridge on it, then handed her a spoon. "Finish your porridge quickly."

Shen Jiani fell silent, feeling like she had wasted her breath.

It was late at night, and the ward was quiet inside and out.

Shen Jiani held the spoon and drank the porridge. Occasionally, she glanced at Fu Jicheng, who was sitting on the sofa not far away. There was a white dining table in front of him, wearing a black shirt with the cuffs unbuttoned and rolled up to his forearms, and the top button of his collar was also unbuttoned, giving off a relaxed and lazy charm.

He ate with little movement, gracefully and leisurely.

Fu Jicheng noticed her gaze and raised his eyes, meeting her clear black and white eyes. "Does the porridge not taste good?"

No matter how well the porridge was cooked, it couldn't taste good. Fu Jicheng didn't wait for her to answer; he picked up a box of dishes and picked out some vegetables to put in her bowl. "Just make do with it for now. Aunt Cheng will prepare something delicious for you tomorrow."

Shen Jiani looked at the few pieces of green leaves in her bowl. "That's enough. You eat."

After finishing his meal, Fu Jicheng saw that she was still drinking her porridge slowly, so he took out his phone, made a call, and then went out to make a call. After a while, he came back, and her bowl was empty. He threw away the trash, so the room wouldn't smell bad from being cooped up for too long.