Chapter 109: Hospitalization Due to Stroke

Shen Jiani woke up the next day, not knowing how she had fallen asleep. The person beside her was already up, the bathroom light was on, and he was inside washing up.

There was a light knock on the door of the ward.

Considering that Fu Jicheng wasn't dressed, Shen Jiani carefully moved her injured leg, got out of bed, and limped to the door, unlocking it.

The person outside was Song Fang, holding a silver-gray paper bag. He looked up and saw Shen Jiani, showing a faint smile. "Sorry to disturb you. These are Mr. Fu's clothes. Could you please give them to him? I'll wait for him in the car."

Shen Jiani took the paper bag from him.

"How come you're up?" Fu Jicheng's voice came from the bathroom.

Shen Jiani closed the door and turned to see him slightly furrowing his brows. She held up the paper bag. "Your assistant came to deliver your clothes. He said he'll wait for you in the car."

The ward was not lit, with the only light coming from the bathroom, casting a hazy glow on Shen Jiani's sleepy face. Fu Jicheng walked over to her, took the paper bag, threw it onto the sofa, picked her up by the waist, and placed her a few steps away on the bed. "It's still early. Get some more sleep. Aunt Cheng will come from home to take care of you in the morning. Be good and don't make me worry."

Shen Jiani was tucked in by him, and she couldn't help but yawn, her voice slightly muffled. "Can I not be discharged today?"

"We still need to infuse two more bottles in the morning. If you don't want to stay in the hospital to finish the infusions, Aunt Cheng will help you with the discharge procedures." He spoke while taking a shirt out of the paper bag and putting it on.

The deep gray shirt complemented his whole demeanor, elegant and charismatic.

He didn't avoid her gaze as he untied the towel around his waist, put on his pants, fastened the black belt, and then went into the bathroom to put on his tie, fixing it in front of the mirror.

When he came out again, his whole aura was completely different from before, exuding the imposing presence of an executive.

Shen Jiani was initially quite sleepy, but watching him groom himself so methodically, she gradually lost her drowsiness.

Finally putting on his suit jacket and buttoning it up, Fu Jicheng glanced at the bed and saw her wide-eyed. He smiled and asked, "Can't sleep anymore?"

Shen Jiani suddenly felt a little embarrassed and evaded his gaze slightly. "I'll sleep after you leave."

"Am I disturbing you?" Fu Jicheng turned off the bathroom light, "I'll leave soon."

With the only light source gone, the ward plunged into darkness. Shen Jiani couldn't see his figure clearly, but she could hear his footsteps approaching the bed.

Fu Jicheng reached out and took the watch and phone from the bedside table, turning on the screen, which showed just past six o'clock. "You can continue sleeping. I'm leaving."

As the screen lit up, Shen Jiani saw his face illuminated by the faint light, his eyes tender. She instinctively reached out and held his hand, which was hanging by his side.

Fu Jicheng didn't see her action clearly, but he felt his fingers being held by a warm touch. He paused, intending to turn around. "What's wrong?"

As the phone screen went dark again, the room returned to darkness. He approached a little closer and asked, "What's the matter?"

Shen Jiani didn't know why she grabbed his hand or what she wanted to do, but in that moment, she just wanted to hold onto him. Hearing his question, she let go of his hand, saying inconsequentially, "Drive safely."