Chapter 74: She's His Younger Sister

The words "fiancée" lingered in Shen Jiannian's mind.

She had never seriously investigated Fu Jichen's love life, and he had never volunteered any information in that regard. She had misunderstood his relationship with Zhu Yilan before, but after Zhu Yilan herself confirmed it was merely her own one-sided feelings, Shen Jiannian had let go of her suspicions.

Since they met in mid-October, nearly three months had passed. From Shen Jiannian's observations, Fu Jichen truly had no other women in his life apart from her.

Even if there were other women, she, with her current status, had no grounds to express discontent. But the fact remained that there were none.

However, this phone call tonight had reminded her of something she overlooked. There might not be any in Yicheng, but what about in Beicheng?

After all, the Fu family's main residence was in Beicheng.

Fu Jichen was the eldest of his generation, already in his prime. Born into such a prominent family, it was likely that suitable marriage candidates had long been identified by his family.

Just like her and Pei Che in the past, agreeing to be engaged once he graduated and returned to China...

Shen Jiannian tightly gripped Fu Jichen's phone, lost in her thoughts.

Fu Jichen emerged from the bathroom to find Shen Jiannian standing like a wooden post by the door, her brows furrowed and her lips pressed tightly together, appearing troubled.

As he passed by her, Fu Jichen, intending to scare her a little, patted her shoulder. Shen Jiannian indeed jumped in surprise, turning to glare at him with annoyance and thrusting the phone into his chest, "Your phone, take it back."

Once Fu Jichen took the phone from her, Shen Jiannian turned and lay down in bed, pulling the blanket over herself, ready to sleep without even bothering to brush her teeth.

Feeling exhausted and a bit feverish, she wondered if it was a reaction to the rabies vaccine.

"What did you talk to her about?" Fu Jichen sat on the edge of the bed, gesturing for her to move over since there was no space for him to lie down.

Shen Jiannian refused to make room for him, her tone not pleasant, "Can't you go back to your own room? I'm injured like this, I can't take care of you."

"Shen Jiannian, did you swallow bullets?" Fu Jichen leaned down, his palms on either side of her head, staring at her intensely, "I'm thinking, maybe I've spoiled you too much. If I really didn't care about you, why would I care if you're injured or not? I'd just focus on my own enjoyment."

"You..." Shen Jiannian was rendered speechless by his blunt words, her face turning red with anger.

"How about it, don't believe me?" Fu Jichen smirked, pulling open her collar to reveal her smooth shoulder, collarbone, and a large expanse of bare skin, his voice low and seductive, "Don't believe it, then try it. It's just an inconvenience with your legs, I don't need you to do anything strenuous."

"Fu Jichen, you shameless!"

"Is that all you can say?" Fu Jichen chuckled softly, "Lacks creativity."

Shen Jiannian pushed him away, hands against his chest, sitting up on the bed. If she lay down and he sat up, she would be at a disadvantage.

"If you already have a fiancée, you shouldn't have proposed such a deal to me in the first place. Disrespecting your fiancée is also humiliating me," Shen Jiannian argued.

Fu Jichen didn't bother explaining the first part, instead posing a question, "If I remember correctly, it was you who proposed that deal in the first place."