Chapter 80: Pre-Advance

That night, Fu Jichen stayed over at Shen Jianian's place.

Shen Jianian came out of the bathroom after showering, and as soon as she saw him lying on her bed, she knew there was trouble brewing. She sat down at her vanity and leisurely applied skincare products, while he leaned against the headboard flipping through a fashion magazine she had tossed on the bed.

By the time she finished her skincare routine, Fu Jichen had already flipped through most of the magazine.

Shen Jianian lifted her eyelids to glance at him and then moved to the other side of the bed.

Feeling the mattress sink slightly beside him, Fu Jichen closed the magazine, tossed it onto the bedside table, turned off the glaring overhead light, and turned on a bedside lamp.

Shen Jianian had a premonition, and when his arm reached around her waist, her premonition was confirmed.

Without a word, Fu Jichen stripped off her sleepwear and went straight to the point, tossing her around a few times until she was too exhausted to resist, her mind completely blank. Only then did he press against her ear and ask, "You really don't want to come back to Beicheng with me?"

Shen Jianian's mind was in chaos, but not to the point of losing her sanity. "I don't want to."

"Give me a reason."

As Fu Jichen spoke, his thin lips seemed to barely touch the skin behind her ear, causing Shen Jianian to lose her breath and unable to speak normally.

After a while, Shen Jianian managed to gather enough strength to speak, panting, "Going back to Beicheng will remind me of my deceased parents. Is that reason enough?"

She knew she couldn't stay away from Beicheng forever. She had to reclaim the Lingyue Group someday, but not now. Right now, she just wanted to stay away from that sad place.

She wasn't that strong, she couldn't possibly dare to return so soon after only a few months.

Fu Jichen paused for a moment, saying he wouldn't force her, but couldn't help but pressure her, "If I wanted you to come back, would you agree?"

Shen Jianian opened her eyes, looking at his face in the dim light, unable to discern his emotions, whether it was jest or sincerity. She looked away and said lightly, "It's not interesting to be forced by others."

"I find it interesting," Fu Jichen said with a smile that wasn't quite a smile.

Shen Jianian's breath caught, was he serious?

As she struggled with whether to compromise or firmly express that she really didn't want to go, Fu Jichen's hand on her waist moved down slightly. Sensing her discomfort, he backed off, "Forget it, I'm afraid you'll bite me in anger."

Shen Jianian was taken aback, then angrily said, "When did I ever bite anyone?"

"Never?" Fu Jichen took his hand out from under the blanket and, with the back of his hand facing her lips, said, "Can you remember now?"

Shen Jianian remembered, suddenly losing her righteous demeanor, feeling like a deflated ball.

Fu Jichen's lips curled up, and he rolled over, pressing her under him. "I was going to say, since you couldn't remember, let me help you recall, but it seems your memory isn't so bad."

Shen Jianian broke out in a thin layer of sweat, feeling uncomfortable, wanting to go to the bathroom to shower, but she pushed away his teasing movements.

"Just this once," Fu Jichen whispered in her ear as he kissed her, "Consider it an advance payment."

He was going back to Beicheng this time for at least a week. If things went smoothly, he might not come back to Yicheng.