Chapter 16 Marrying into the Qin family

As she imagined those vicious events reported in the news, Yin Shuyao felt fearful all the way, tears drying up in her eyes.

Suddenly, the car jolted violently, causing her to sway and bang her head hard against the car window, instantly feeling a sharp pain that made her see stars.

She didn't know how long had passed before the car finally came to a slow stop.

Yin Shuyao shook her head in resistance, but it was futile. She was roughly dragged out of the car by a hand. Wearing a pair of thin high heels, unable to see anything with her eyes covered, she stumbled when getting out of the car, causing another intense pain in her foot.

Footsteps echoed on the ground, indicating that she was in an empty place. Yin Shuyao made whimpering sounds, but no one understood what she was saying.

The next moment, the cotton cloth stuffed in her mouth was pulled out, allowing air to rush into her mouth. She breathed heavily, crying out, "Please let me go. I'll give you however much money you want. I'm Miss Yin from the Yin family, I have money. Please don't hurt me."

She had thought about threatening the thugs on the way, but when she could finally speak, she dared not utter a word. She was afraid of angering these ruthless people and inviting worse consequences.

"I... I have five thousand cash in my bag, you can take it first. I can call my family and ask them to send more money. I won't call the police, trust me... Ah! No!"

Yin Shuyao's pleas were not finished when someone tore open her windbreaker. She smelled a nauseating sour odor, emanating from the vulgar man's body.

After that, the continuous screams echoed in the crude abandoned factory.

Late at night, past ten o'clock, the dark night sky was illuminated by the moon and sparse stars. Yin Shuyao, with her eyes swollen from crying, got off the taxi, trembling as she hugged her arms.

Not far away was the brightly lit Yin family villa.

The taxi driver lowered the window and kindly asked the passenger who had just gotten off, "Do you need to call the police, miss?"

"No need!" Yin Shuyao didn't even turn her head, limping towards home.

In the deep autumn night of Yicheng, the wind blew on her face like ice needles.

With each step, unbearable pain emanated from her ankles, and tears welled up in Yin Shuyao's eyes.

Who had she offended to bring about such a disaster?

Those people dragged her to an unknown place, and throughout the whole ordeal, her eyes were blindfolded, unable to see their faces. They weren't after money or even her body. They only insulted her with words and actions for a whole hour.

Just when she was on the verge of mental breakdown, they let her go.

Yin Shuyao didn't want to recall what she had experienced in that hour, but every time she closed her eyes, those disgusting scenes of people haunted her mind, lingering endlessly.

Was it Shen Jianian's retaliation?

According to the information revealed by Li Wu, that night Shen Jianian was saved by a man driving a luxury car worth tens of millions, and there had been no news since then.

Was it her harboring resentment and seeking revenge...

But Li Wu had taken her money, a whole fifty thousand! He promised to keep it a secret, not to betray her. Besides, if Li Wu revealed the matter, he wouldn't benefit either.

Yin Shuyao entered the door with a belly full of humiliation and anger.

The maid saw her and exclaimed, "Miss, what happened to you?"