Chapter 70: Deeply In Love

Yin Shuyao observed Pei Che's expression closely as she spoke.

Initially, he seemed incredulous, then gradually transformed into sadness and pain. It was the first time Yin Shuyao had seen someone display such profound anguish. Veins popped on his forehead, as if some part of his body had been pierced.

His face turned ghastly pale, accentuating the redness around his eyes.

Pei Che's emotions must have been incredibly complex, yet he didn't exhibit the disappointment, disdain, or disgust that Yin Shuyao had anticipated.

"I know that our family's conditions can't compare to hers, but she shouldn't sell herself out for a life of luxury," Yin Shuyao sighed softly, not minding adding fuel to the fire, "It would be good if you could come and advise her. There's no good ending to following someone like that. It's still not too late to turn back now."

Yin Shuyao took out a piece of paper and wrote down the address of Rose Manor.

"She lives here." She pushed the note over to him, saying, "She's blocked my contact information, so I don't know when she'll be free. You'll have to find her yourself."

"Thank you."

Pei Che picked up the note, his fingers trembling, making the words on the paper blurry.

He couldn't believe that Xiaonian would stoop to selling herself for a life of luxury. There must have been difficulties she couldn't solve on her own, how helpless must she have felt to choose such a path?

What had he been doing at that time?

He had been like a fool, being manipulated by his family, not knowing anything, living a peaceful life abroad. Meanwhile, Xiaonian might have been suffering.

Thinking about this, his heart seemed to stop beating in his chest.

A metallic taste rose in Pei Che's throat, his hand clutching his shirt as he coughed violently.

Yin Shuyao had intended to provoke him, causing the pure and flawless image of Xiaonian in his heart to collapse. However, she didn't expect her words to hit him so hard, leaving him looking like he had lost his soul.

"Are you alright?" Yin Shuyao held the hand that was resting on the table, comforting him softly, "I know it's hard for you to accept this reality for a while. At first, I didn't believe it either, but now... I have no choice but to believe."

If only Pei Che's love for Xiaonian could transfer to her.

The Pei family of the northern city, their prestige far exceeded that of the Qin family in Yicheng.

Unfortunately, she was already married.

Thinking about this, Yin Shuyao regretted it to death. She regretted picking such a man to marry.

If she hadn't been so anxious, if she had met Pei Che a little later, when he was heartbroken and in pain, needing someone to save him, if she had accompanied him, comforted him, and healed him. And if she bore a slight resemblance to Xiaonian, perhaps she could have replaced Xiaonian in his heart over time.

Yin Shuyao's gaze fell on Pei Che's handsome face, sinking into deep regret, wishing Qin Fan would disappear from the world.

After parting ways with Yin Shuyao at the café, Pei Che took a taxi to find Rose Manor using the address she provided.

It was a top-tier private villa in Yicheng, situated in the most bustling area yet secluded, occupying thousands of square meters of land. It wasn't something that could be accomplished with just money.