Chapter 57 Public Display of Affection

In the northern city hundreds of kilometers away, lights stretched from the front yard to the backyard, typical Chinese architecture exuding a solemn and simple charm in the night, embellished by lights, resembling a palace.

In the study on the third floor, the most influential elder of the Fu family sat behind a sandalwood table, holding a blue and white porcelain covered bowl in his hand, listening to his children report on their work.

The room was filled with the lingering fragrance of tea.

Fu Qizhen, the second eldest of the Fu family, spoke with a respectful and solemn tone, "It is expected that there will be some losses in the project. All things are difficult in the beginning. I believe that we will step into the right track in the next quarter."

Another person snorted coldly, "When Second Brother applied for the budget from Dad at the beginning, he didn't assure it like this. I remember back then you were patting your chest, saying it would definitely make a profit. How come now it has turned into expected losses, forgetting what you said?"

"Sister Four, what you said is nonsense." Fu Qizhen's brows furrowed, he glanced at the mischievous Fu Jianfang and said, "If I hand it over to you, I doubt you can achieve this completion rate."

Fu Jianfang didn't argue with him, instead, she turned her head and said to the elderly Fu behind the desk, "Dad, you heard it, Second Brother wants to hand this project over to me."

Fu Qizhen's face stretched long, "You!"

Was that what he meant? She was good at twisting his words.

"Enough." The elderly Fu put down the tea cup heavily, the lid was shaken to one side, swaying at the mouth of the bowl, "I didn't call you here to listen to you argue."

Fu Qizhen and Fu Jianfang both fell silent at the same time.

The authority of the elderly Fu was like Mount Tai among the four siblings, pressing on their heads since childhood. No one dared to go against him, except for his eldest grandson who dared to confront him.

The consequences were naturally severe, being "expelled" to Yicheng for training...

Fu Jianfang softened her tone and said, "Dad, if you hand this project over to me, I will definitely do it beautifully for you. It won't take a quarter, at most a month for you to see results."

"You've said enough." Someone was trying to snatch the fat meat that had just been obtained. Fu Qizhen's face darkened, and he left no room for words, "Your own private affairs are in a mess, causing a stir in the divorce and alarming half of the circle. First, manage your own affairs properly, it's more important not to let others snatch away the shares of the Fu family."

The shares were given to Fu Jianfang as a gift from the elderly Fu after her marriage. Fu Jianfang had been troubled by this matter. She wanted a divorce but also wanted to keep her shares.

She suspected that it was intentional on the part of the elderly Fu to tie her to Jia Wenying for a lifetime. Jia Wenying was the son-in-law personally chosen by the elderly Fu, not someone she loved.

Fu Jianfang couldn't stand it when others mentioned her marriage. As soon as she heard it, she exploded, "You're still talking about me? What about your good nephew who gambles outside and owes millions of debts? Isn't it you who covered it up for him? Not to mention, if you, Second Brother, don't discipline him strictly, the wealth of the Fu family will eventually be squandered."

Fu Qizhen: "Your affair with a young man..."

"Both of you, stop it." Fu Zhengyun interrupted them in a stern voice, "Can't you see that Dad is annoyed?"