Chapter 18: Inviting Her Alone

At seven thirty in the morning, Shen Jiani came downstairs and ran into Fu Jichen in the dining room.

Ever since she learned that the person in front of her was the eldest grandson of the Fu family in Beicheng, the future heir of Junshan Group, she couldn't help but feel a little more apprehensive toward him.

It was a subconscious submission to those in power.

Even when the Shen family wasn't in decline, they were far from reaching the threshold of the Fu family, because they operated in different circles. The Fu family was a top-tier aristocratic family that had thrived for hundreds of years, while the Shen family, which had risen from nothing, couldn't compare.

Shen Jiani walked to the table and said, "Good morning, Mr. Fu."

"Morning." Fu Jichen glanced at her with a clear gaze and set down his coffee cup.

The weather warmed up today, with temperatures reaching up to thirty degrees. Shen Jiani wore a pure white dress with a tight waistline, revealing her slender waist. She threw on a well-tailored trench coat on top, balancing softness with crispness.

Zhou Rongzhen brought breakfast to the table, with both Chinese and Western dishes, mostly light in flavor and focused on nutrition and health.

Shen Jiani remained silent and slowly finished half a bowl of red bean porridge, along with a steamed bun, sneakily glancing across the table. Fu Jichen had already finished eating at some point and was now leaning back in his chair, looking at his tablet. Shen Jiani didn't want to delay any longer, so she quickly wiped her mouth with a tissue and said, "I'm done eating."

Sure enough, Fu Jichen had been waiting for her. Upon hearing her words, he locked the tablet and got up to leave.

Shen Jiani hurried to catch up. If it weren't for Zhou Rongzhen's reminder, she would have almost forgotten to take her phone.

The driver who had taken her to the Yin family's residence was waiting by the car. With a cold expression, he opened the rear door, and after Fu Jichen sat down, the door remained open.

Shen Jiani hesitated for a moment, then opened the passenger door.

A trace of coldness appeared on Qu Mo's face, and he even twitched his eyebrows a few times. Before Shen Jiani could fasten her seatbelt, he had already locked the tablet and stood up to leave, holding the door open for her.

Shen Jiani quickly fastened her seatbelt and waited for them to depart. Qu Mo glanced at Fu Jichen in the back seat, then raised his hand lazily, too lazy to bother about these things.

Understanding his intention, Qu Mo closed the car door for him.

The journey was quiet, and the car stopped in front of the Dongke office building.

Fu Jichen got out of the car and walked into the lobby. As he passed by, words like "Good morning, Mr. Fu" echoed continuously. After the employees greeted him, none of them could help but sneak glances at the girl beside Mr. Fu, guessing her identity.

There were only two people in the CEO's exclusive elevator: Shen Jiani and Fu Jichen. Shen Jiani hesitated for a moment before addressing him as "Mr. Fu" like the others and asked, "May I ask what my job is?"

She was an art student who had practiced the violin since she was young and graduated from a top music school in China. If it weren't for her father's poor health and frequent heart problems, she should have gone abroad for further studies with Pei Che.

Shen Jiani had no idea what responsibilities came with the position of the CEO's assistant and was afraid of messing up.

"Zhu Yilan will assign tasks to you. If you don't understand, ask her," Fu Jichen said. "You can't become proficient in one go. Learn more if you don't know."