Chapter 79: Bringing Back to Beicheng

Pei Che was caught off guard, his face tilting to the left from the force of the slap, a buzzing sound ringing in his ears, his already injured head throbbing even more.

The marks from the last slap hadn't faded when his face quickly swelled up from this one.

Coming out of the room, Zhou Ruo saw this scene and exclaimed, taking three quick steps to block her husband. "He's still injured, why are you hitting him so hard?!"

"I want to kill this unfilial son!" Pei Fengnan covered his heaving chest, almost unable to catch his breath, coughing as he spoke, "Look at what he's been up to since returning to the country, behaving nothing like a business leader! How can I hand over the Pei family empire to him in the future!"

After causing negative news in the bar last time, this time he got drunk again, not only injuring himself but also getting involved with Shen Jianian.

He never expected his son to be so capable, going all the way to Yicheng to find someone.

"Why not find someone else to take over?" Pei Che turned his face back, staring directly at his furious father.

"What do you mean?"

Pei Fengnan's face turned even uglier. He only had this one son. Where could he find another successor? Did this unfilial son really want to infuriate him to death?

"I'm not interested in inheriting the family business." Pei Che told him the truth, "When I returned to the country, I agreed to join the company to use its influence to investigate the truth behind the Shen family's downfall and Shen Jianian's whereabouts. Now that I've figured out both of these things, there's no need for me to stay in the company."

Pei Fengnan looked at him incredulously. "For a woman, you don't even want the family anymore, is that what you mean?"

"I feel life is meaningless." Pei Che smirked bitterly, unable to force a smile. Faced with his father's furious expression and his mother's sorrowful and surprised eyes, he remained indifferent. "Just thinking about that supposedly glorious business tainted with the blood of others makes me sick."

"Smack!"

Pei Fengnan's facial muscles trembled as he slapped him again.

Pei Che's lips bled, a taste of rust spreading in his mouth. His gaze remained unchanged as he turned around and walked out with large strides. "Stop sending people to find me."

"A'Che, don't go..." Zhou Ruo sobbed.

"Take care." Pei Che's eyes were hollow. When he opened the door, he left behind only a word of advice for his mother.

"A'Che!"

Zhou Ruo cried out behind him, but he didn't look back.

Suddenly, Pei Fengnan felt a sharp pain in his chest, and everything went black as he collapsed. Zhou Ruo was terrified, falling to the ground and hugging her husband's body, crying out for help, "Someone, call an ambulance!"

Pei Che had already walked far away, unable to hear his mother's helpless cries from the house.

This year's Chinese New Year's Eve fell on February 4th.

The tradition in the Fu family was that all members of the Fu family had to be present at the New Year's Eve reunion dinner, including Fu Jichen, who had been relegated to Yicheng for self-reflection.

Since entering December, the rest of the Fu family had become restless.

He was coming back. If he could say a few heartfelt words to the old master and admit his mistakes, maybe the old master would soften and let him stay in Beicheng.