Chapter 117: End of Transaction

Fu Jichen adjusted his tie and paused slightly at her words, looking up at her: "Going to the hospital?"

Shen Jiani explained, "A friend of mine, her mother is sick and hospitalized. I'm going to visit her."

Baichang Xia's mother had undergone surgery before, and she was in Yi City at the time, unable to visit. Two days ago, her mother's condition recurred, and she was hospitalized again. Now that she was in the northern city, it was only right for her to pay a visit.

She used to often have meals at Xia Xia's house, and Xia's mother treated her like her own daughter.

Fu Jichen knew she had a close friend, and when they were still in Yi City, that girl had come to see Jiani. He just hadn't found the opportunity to meet this friend of hers.

Fu Jichen didn't say anything else, just reminded her to stay safe.

After having breakfast in the restaurant downstairs, Shen Jiani saw Fu Jichen off, then returned to the room for a while, read a book, and when it was time, she took another car to the hospital.

On the way, she bought flowers, fruit baskets, and nutritional supplements.

Arriving at the hospital, Shen Jiani wasn't sure when she would come out, so she told the driver to go back and not wait for her.

This hospital was the one where she had stayed when she injured her leg last time.

Last night, she asked Baichang Xia for the ward number and easily found the room where Baichang Xia's mother was staying.

Standing outside the door, Shen Jiani heard Baichang Xia telling her mother inside, "It might be Jiani."

Baichang Xia came over to open the door, still holding a half-peeled apple in her hand, her complexion somewhat pale and haggard. "You're here, come in quickly."

Shen Jiani struggled to squeeze in with her hands full, holding a bunch of stuff and a bouquet of flowers in her arms, casually saying, "There were a lot of people out on the day off, so there was traffic on the road."

Baichang Xia's mother was sitting on the hospital bed, leaning against the pillow. She didn't know in advance that Shen Jiani was coming, but after hearing her daughter say it might be Jiani, she was surprised when she saw her, her surprise showing clearly on her face. "Jiani." Her surprise was evident in her voice, "It's really Jiani."

Baichang Xia saw her mother's stunned expression and couldn't help but chuckle, "Could there be a fake Jiani?"

Shen Jiani put down the things in her hands and greeted the elders with a smile, "Auntie, it's been a long time, are you doing well?"

"Very well, very well." Baichang Xia's mother responded repeatedly, her surprise turning into tears, "Last year when there was trouble in your family, we couldn't contact you when we heard the news. Xia Xia was anxious every day, and I was worried too. Seeing that you're still doing well, Auntie is really happy."

Shen Jiani felt a lump in her throat when she heard the choking in her words. Her nose tingled, and she wanted to cry too. "Thank you, Auntie, for still remembering me. I'm fine."

"That's all in the past, let's not talk about it." Baichang Xia motioned for a chair and asked Shen Jiani to sit, shooting a discreet reminder to her mother with her eyes.

Baichang Xia's mother, seeing her daughter's antics, suddenly realized that she shouldn't bring up anything sad for Jiani and hurriedly wiped her tears. "Let's not talk about it anymore, let's not talk about it anymore." She changed the subject, "Now that you're here, why did you bring so many things?"