Chapter 128 Sickeningly Sweet

Shen Jianian thought he was joking and chuckled, "I'll be home in a while."

"Don't want to accompany me?" Fu Jichen looked at the canvas bag on the desk, the one she used during the day, containing two thermos bottles. He asked again, "You just came to deliver food?"

Shen Jianian bit her tongue, unable to respond to that.

She did come to see him, delivering food was just an excuse. She knew an assistant would arrange food for him, so he wouldn't go hungry. The reason she dismissed the idea of meeting him was that she found him too busy after arriving, not wanting to waste his time.

"I'll probably be busy until eleven," Fu Jichen's magnetic voice came through the phone, with a tempting tone. "If the project issues are resolved smoothly, I'll be flying to Switzerland on tomorrow afternoon's flight. I'm not sure how long I'll stay there. If you come now, you can stay with me a little longer."

In a short time, he almost used every possible persuasive tactic he could think of.

Shen Jianian didn't speak, her heart wavering, her cheeks warming up, as if entering the sultry summer in advance.

"Are you coming?" Fu Jichen asked softly.

Shen Jianian regretted walking too fast just now. Hanging up the phone, she hesitated for a moment and said to the driver, "Zheng, I might need you to turn back to the company."

The car slowed down, and the driver glanced at the rearview mirror. "Miss Shen dropped something?"

Shen Jianian didn't want to lie, but she didn't want to say it outright either, so she said vaguely, "Something came up."

The driver didn't ask what it was, as it was none of his business. He obeyed her orders and turned the car back.

Shen Jianian felt guilty in her heart and apologized, "I'm sorry to trouble you."

The driver smiled and said it was okay. He usually only had to drive Shen Jianian alone, which was quite easy, and the pay was generous. Such a small matter wouldn't lead to any complaints.

After the round trip, it was already late. People were still coming and going from the building. Some employees hurriedly walked to the elevator with takeout for dinner and continued working at their posts.

Shen Jianian was wondering how to get in when the exclusive elevator opened at this moment, and a figure emerged, tall and striding towards her.

The buttons of the man's suit jacket were undone, and as he walked, the wind swept it back, the hem fluttering behind him. The deep blue tie pressed against the shirt, giving him an elegant demeanor.

As soon as he saw her, Fu Jichen's gaze softened. He walked up to her and shook her hand. "Why didn't you tell me you were here earlier?"

Although there were few people in the lobby, it was still a public place. Shen Jianian felt uncomfortable and tried to pull her hand away.

Sensing her intention, Fu Jichen glanced at her and increased his grip, holding her hand tightly.

"I called you, but you didn't answer. Later, your assistant said you were in a meeting," Shen Jianian gave up struggling and let him hold her hand.

"Song Fang is clueless. He doesn't know how to keep people for me. I'll talk to him later," Fu Jichen chuckled.

Shen Jianian widened her eyes. She had never seen such an unreasonable boss like him. She couldn't help but speak up for the innocent Song Fang. "It's none of Song's assistant's business. I decided to leave on my own. Don't blame him."