Chapter 85: It's All a Show

Fu Jicheng lowered his head slightly, a wry smile on his lips. "Aunt, you're so afraid that I'm plotting against you. You rushed over to confront me so anxiously. How many guilty deeds have you done?"

"Don't change the subject," Fu Jianfang said, uninterested in disguising her hostility. "You don't even care about your grandfather's health. Do you have any humanity left?"

Fu Jicheng's expression turned cold. "Aunt, be cautious about speaking of things without evidence."

"Fu Jicheng, I've underestimated you," Fu Jianfang, though half a head shorter, had a strong presence. She was the old master's only daughter and had reached her current position with brains and means. "Everyone thought that Fu Da was idling away in Yicheng, buying estates, playing with women. Now I understand. It's all a smokescreen you've created. You deliberately made people think you were indulging in worldly pleasures, while secretly orchestrating everything. You've turned the house upside down as soon as you came back."

She thought she had seen through Fu Jicheng, her demeanor proud and indifferent.

"You seem to know a lot about my life, Aunt. I suspect you've assigned quite a few people to monitor my every move day and night," Fu Jicheng casually pierced through her tricks.

Caught off guard, Fu Jianfang didn't show any guilt. She simply sneered, "Takes one to know one."

"In that case, there's nothing more to say."

Fu Jicheng sidestepped her and walked past her shoulder, his hand grabbing his bag, his polished leather shoes echoing in the hospital corridor as he walked towards the high-level VIP ward where the old master was.

Fu Jianfang's voice chased after him from behind, "Aren't you afraid that I'll tell all of this to the old master and let him deal with you? He hates family conflicts the most!"

Fu Jicheng paused for a moment, his tone faintly mocking, "Aunt accuses me, but where's the evidence? Do you think Grandpa will listen to your one-sided words?"

Fu Jianfang suddenly froze. She indeed had no evidence; it was all her speculation.

Who knew that Fu Huaxian had so many private affairs and would actually mistreat someone to the point of tragedy? This was his own penchant; no one could manipulate him into doing such things. Moreover, Fu Yunhan had a history of gambling, having been warned by the old master several times. It was his own stubbornness that caused trouble, and others couldn't be blamed.

After a thorough analysis, Fu Jicheng was indeed clean, without any suspicion.

But Fu Jianfang just couldn't believe he was innocent.

His return this time was obviously planned. He wanted to crush them one by one and then take that position. His father was still alive, yet he was so impatient. Who could have ambitions bigger than his?

Fu Jicheng's hand emerged from his pocket, gripping the door handle. As he was about to push the door open, Fu Jianfang's ominous voice sounded, "You're so ruthless, you'll definitely face retribution."

A sardonic smile tugged at the corner of Fu Jicheng's mouth as he pushed open the door and saw the scene inside. He turned his head and spoke gently, "Aunt, Grandpa is awake. Won't you come and see him?"

Wasn't she going to complain to the old master? Now was a perfect opportunity, with everyone present.

Fu Jianfang clenched the handle of her purse tightly, sneering inwardly.

They had all been played by Fu Jicheng!

They thought he cared so much about that Shen family girl, but in the end, it was all an act.