Chapter 89: Customizing Qipao

Half an hour later, Shen Jia Nian was practically dragged out of bed by Fu Jicheng.

She rummaged through her luggage and changed into a set of clothes, sitting at the dressing table, frowning at her reflection in the mirror, unable to hide the injury on her neck.

Seeing her concern, Fu Jicheng pulled out a scarf from her luggage that she hadn't had a chance to organize: "If you don't want it to be seen, just cover it with a scarf."

As he spoke, Fu Jicheng came behind her and loosely wrapped the scarf around her neck.

The soft white cashmere scarf complemented Shen Jia Nian's fair skin, her long black hair cascading down her back, and her lips only lightly touched with dry rose-colored lipstick to brighten her complexion, making her look like a water lily, both pure and captivating.

Fu Jicheng held her hand as they came out of the elevator and entered the living room on the first floor.

"It's cold at night, are you sure you don't need to wear a down jacket?" he asked.

"Just having dinner, should be fine indoors," Shen Jia Nian replied.

She wore a camel coat, with one hand in her pocket, and the scarf covering half of her face, revealing her clear and bright eyes and eyebrows.

In the living room, Cheng Jin greeted them with a slight smile: "Are Mr. Fu and Miss Shen going out?" She hadn't quite adjusted to Shen Jia Nian's presence in the house yet, pausing slightly as she spoke.

Fu Jicheng casually replied, "No need to cook dinner for us."

"Okay."

Cheng Jin escorted them to the door.

Without calling a driver, Fu Jicheng drove himself. As he got into the driver's seat, he took out his phone to contact Fu Fei Bai and ask for the address of the restaurant.

While he made the call, Shen Jia Nian fastened her seatbelt and looked out the window.

The villa area was deserted, and the rustling of tree branches in the wind sounded particularly clear.

The engine of the car started, slowly pulling out of the villa gate.

Their destination was in a maze of alleys, and the navigation indicated that there was no way to turn back on the road ahead. Fu Jicheng slowed down the car and found a parking spot on the side of the auxiliary road at the entrance of the alley.

Shen Jia Nian opened the car door and got out first. Stepping onto the ground, she immediately felt the biting cold of the night in Beicheng without the warmth of the air conditioning.

The air she breathed was bone-chilling, cooling from her nostrils all the way into her lungs.

This feeling, it had been so long.

Shen Jia Nian tightened her coat around herself and saw a small shop open on the left side of the alley entrance.

There was a white wooden sign on the door, the red paint of the words blurred after years of wind and rain. On the side facing the street, warm yellow lights illuminated the various styles of qipao and rows of different colored fabrics hanging inside the shop, available for customers to choose from.

It was evident that this was an old-fashioned handmade qipao shop.

"Interested?" Fu Jicheng locked the car, walked around from the front, and saw her staring at the shop at the alley entrance, suggesting, "Since the shop is still open, let's go in and take a look."

Shen Jia Nian just wanted to take a casual look and withdrew her gaze, shaking her head, "No need," but Fu Jicheng still pulled her over and opened the heavy door, leading her inside.