Chapter 13 Coercion and Temptation

"What... what?" The other person started off with curses, leaving Yin Shuyao bewildered.

Li Wu licked his swollen face, his voice hoarse like an angry lion, "Your cousin brought a bodyguard, one against five, not even out of breath. All of us brothers got injured. How do you plan to compensate?"

"Impossible!" Yin Shuyao denied without thinking. "I saw her leave alone with my own eyes. Are you mistaking her for someone else?"

Li Wu sneered coldly, his voice icy like a venomous snake, "I wouldn't mistake anyone for her. A woman much prettier than Miss Yin, there aren't many around."

"You!" Yin Shuyao glared in anger.

Now wasn't the time to argue about this. She urgently needed to clarify one thing, "Did you succeed or not?"

"My tooth was almost knocked out. What do you think?" Remembering it made him furious. He lit a cigarette, taking a deep drag, smoke accompanying his words, "I'll cut you a deal, fifty thousand. Hush money plus medical expenses. If it's a penny less, I'll tell everyone it was Miss Yin who ordered me to rape her own cousin."

He was short on cash lately, so he couldn't afford to let this opportunity slip away.

"You're extorting money!" Yin Shuyao's vision darkened, a lump of anger lodged in her chest. She spoke in a low voice, "Li Wu, you'd better keep your mouth shut tight. If this matter gets out, you won't have it easy either."

Li Wu, a dropout from an early age, had been through all kinds of shady situations, so he wouldn't be easily intimidated by her. He shrugged indifferently, "I'm just an accessory to the crime, or at most, attempted. I might go to jail for a while, but Miss Yin's reputation won't sound so good anymore."

Yin Shuyao bit her lip in frustration, feeling like she might vomit blood.

Li Wu wouldn't dare to do this before.

She was the young lady of the Yin family. Who in Yicheng didn't know that the Yin family was backed by the North City Lingyue Group? Now that Lingyue had collapsed, the Shen family had declined, and the Yin family had lost its support, the company's performance was deteriorating, and even scum like Li Wu dared to trample on her.

Yin Shuyao couldn't bear it. "You're dreaming. I won't give you the money."

Fifty thousand was too much. She didn't have the habit of saving money usually. Since taking over the family business, she had been spending lavishly, often buying branded clothes and accessories to adorn herself.

"Here's a free tip: the man who took away your cousin drives a luxury car worth millions. He's quite powerful. Who knows, you might get implicated someday." Li Wu played with his lighter carelessly, "I'm the kind of person who can't keep his mouth shut. I tend to blab when I'm drunk."

The crisp sound of the lighter's metal lid popping open, click, click, tortured Yin Shuyao's heart.

Yin Shuyao regretted bitterly. She shouldn't have trusted scum like Li Wu.

"Send me the bank card. If you utter a single word to anyone, I won't spare you!"

With that final threat, Yin Shuyao didn't want to hear his disgusting voice anymore. She hung up the phone with a snap.

Feeling suffocated, she waved her hand and shattered an empty flowerpot on the balcony.

Yin Shuyao held onto her phone, stepping on the broken pieces on the ground as she returned to her room.

Her thoughts were in chaos. She paced back and forth around the sofa, contemplating who could have taken Shen Jianne away. Did she have any other acquaintances in Yicheng?