Execution

Next chapter! I'm super excited to get to the prison part XD especially the part that everyone has a ball with: Daryl ditching the group for Merle
Feel free to drop any comment or ideas about what you think Diana's story is!
———

No one had suspected a single thing the next morning.

Diana glanced at Lori over breakfast: she just peacefully ate her eggs and toast.

She looked at Rick out of the corner of her eye: he kept chatting it up with Hershel about moving everyone into the house.

She watched Glenn: he just kept giving Maggie glances.

Shane had nothing to say to her either. He did, however, look like he had something to say to Rick.

  But he just bit his tongue and kept eating.

  What could he possibly want to say?

  Was it about leaving the farm?

  Could he want to take OVER the farm?

  She wouldn't put it past him.

   Diana watched him closely until breakfast was over and some began standing up.

  "Diana." Lori interrupted her thoughts. "Eat."

  She glared down at her eggs and toast distastefully. "No thanks... I don't feel like breakfast right now."

Lori sighed. "Come on, it's been a while since you ate a full meal."

  She groaned. "Lori, I'm fine." She pushed the plate away from herself. "I don't want it."

   The black haired woman rubbed her temples. "Diana..."

  "No." She crossed her arms and sunk into the chair.

Yeah it was a petty and childish move. But just the thought of eating made her feel vile. Especially knowing that she was exactly where Sophia should be.

  Lori stood from her seat, along with everyone else, and snatched up her own plate. "Why do you feel the need to be like that." She sighed unhappily. "You need to eat or you'll die."

"I've done this before, Lori." Diana informed her. "And each time, I've survived. It's part of the grieving process or whatever you therapists want to call it." She told Carl's mother sarcastically.

Diana felt victorious when Lori just bit her lip and said nothing. She just watched her... studied her.

But she didn't address the problem again.

"Rick," Shane caught the mans attention as he began to walk out of the room. "We need to address Randals situation."

So that's what he wanted to talk about.

Rick nodded, taking a wary and subtle step away. "Yeah. We should make a decision by night." He tried to walk away from the conversation but his police partner got in the way.

Shane scoffed. "Don't brush it off, man. You know this is either lettin' him stay... or an execution."

Diana's blood ran cold at the thought.

Execution?

That word was one that was all too familiar in her vocabulary.

And if Randall got to stay... what if he tattled that she had snuck out to talk to him!

No no she would find a way to talk to him when everything was decided.

She could free him if they decided on an execution, and she could tell him not to say a word about anything if he was elected to stay.