The farm house

(POV change)
Carol clutched the blanket as fierce tears rolled down her cheeks.

  The sun had set again and Carol was curled up in her bed sobbing.

  Her little girl and the girl who made her baby the happiest were gone.

Three days.

Gone.

  Her shoulders shook as another wave hit her.

  She should have done more.

  She should have ran to her daughter when she needed her.

  She should have followed her into the woods.

  A shuffling noise in the hallway caused her to lift her head.

   It was Daryl.

  He huffed and got up from his place on the floor. "I'll find your little girl. Just get some damn sleep, woman. Ya cryin's botherin' me." He shouldered his crossbow and left the RV.

  Dale nodded and didn't try to stop the other man.

   Andrea jumped out of her spot in the vehicle. "I'm comin' to.  Can't sleep."

  Daryl just shrugged. "Fine. But you watch out for ya self."  He loaded an arrow and headed off into the the dark forest, the blond woman following after him. "Ain't got time ta babysit."

  She nodded in agreement and pulled out her gun. "I don't need baby sitting. I just need to get out of that God awful place."

   She waited for Daryl to respond but he chose to say nothing.

   Andrea brushed away the low hanging branches, the silence eating her up from the inside.

  "So..." she started, "is there a reason you wanna search for the girls?"

  After a moment of silence he stated gruffly, "ya the third person that asked me that already."

  She jumped over a root, barely seeing anything Daryl's flashlight shined upon. "That doesn't answer my question."

   The man kicked a stick out of his way and began slowly. "Got lost once. Was 'bout ten or so. Merle was high and dad was in jail. Was lost for two days and no one even looked. Had to wipe my own ass with leaves. Then I realized it was poison ivy." He kept moving. "Found my way back on my own. No one knew I'd been gone."

  Andrea snorted.

  "What's so funny?" Daryl interrogated, yet not as harsh as Andrea anticipated.

  "Nothin'."

Daryl rolled his eyes and stepped around a tree. "I never had someone to look for me. 'Sides, Carol needs her little girl and Carl needs his dumbass friend."

  "Why do you call her stuff like that?" Andrea sped up to match his pace.

  He cast her a side eye. "Like what?"

  "Dumbass."

"Cause she is a dumbass." He stated as if it were the most obvious thing in the world.

"I guess yeah..." she shrugged, "...but she's just a little kid."

  "A dumb ass little kid." He huffed.

  "She can be pretty dumb but-."

He intersected, "Do ya agree or not?"

  "No-."