Forgiveness? I think not

Ik I got a few things in the time line wrong lol but that's ok I'm trying to make it work. But some other stuff I'm changing to make it fit into the story better so apologies for that!

Also a few other questions:

1. should I upload this story to A03? I just recently got an account under the same name.

2. Should I go back to the chapter where they're on the road and add in a bit more fluffy family moments? I have inspiration from the young Sheldon Episode where Missy asks her older brother for help with math homework. I thought it would be funny to have the same sort of thing with Diana and Daryl, with him claiming that he's just a redneck that didn't make it past high school. 

Idk lol I'm trying to get more sweet moments because I'm a sucker for found family :)

Any way THE SLUMP IS OVER. I'm reinspired! I have a summer job that gives me more time in the afternoons so I get more time to write :3 If you have any fluffy family ideas for this book send them on over lol I love your ideas! I recently found one in a comment on this book and Imma use it (no spoilers tho)
-------

Diana sat above in the balcony while the adults talked. Rick knew she was there but he never told her to leave. She knew he'd seen her slink out of her room and peer over the bars. And she knew she had every right to be a part of the conversation. Or, at least hear what was being discussed. 

Daryl on the other hand didn't notice at first. After all, it was his brother that was being discussed. That, and what the hell they were gonna do about the governor. 

Blocking his way wouldn't work.

The field was off limits.

There was no food or ammo. 

"We've been through this before." Rick told Glenn when he'd gone off about how limited their resources were. 

"That was when it was just us." Glenn spoke, voice threaded with anger. "Before there was a snake in the nest." 

It took Diana a second to realize what he'd meant by snake until Daryl reacted. 

"Man, you wanna go through this again?" the man got into Glenn's personal space, anger written on every feature of his face. "Look, Merle is stayin' here. You better get used to it. All y'all." He turned before Rick could say anything and went up the stairs to the balcony. The balcony that she was currently observing the conversation on. 

She didn't know if it was a hold over from before, but her first reaction was to get up and go before he saw her. And then she realized... Daryl had no say over her. So she stayed, defiant. She tried to look as if she hadn't even seen him come up the stairs at all. 

Daryl saw her once he made it to the top. She didn't see him notice her. She felt him stop. She almost felt him tighten his grip on the metal railing.  She kept her eyes on the conversation below her. 

She could hear his hesitation.

"Ya shouldn't be listenin' to this." He told her once he was sure she wouldn't up and bite him again. 

"Last I checked, you didn't care what I did." She bit back at him, still watching Rick talk. They were saying something about kicking out Merle and she wanted to hear it. She didn't want to hear this mans attempts to boss her around after he'd left. "You shouldn't care anyway. You're not my dad, right?"