Spies not so well disguised

Let me know what you think Diana's backstory is in the comments—>

And also... I'm thinking about doing a Q and A chapter (which won't effect my schedule for publishing). So if you have any questions feel free to drop them in the comments as well :D I'll do my best to answer without giving away spoilers. 

——->

——
Diana entered the living room quietly, peeking around the corner to see if any adult knew where she was. Once she was satisfied, she opened the window a crack. "Ready?" She called out softly.

Carl poked a thumbs up through the bushes. "Ready." He confirmed as he disappeared back inside.

She grinned to herself, her nerves eating away at her stomach despite her amusement with Carl.

She knew nothing bad would happen if she got caught... but still... she didn't want to be in more trouble than she already was. OR to keep having the group send her pitying looks when they thought she couldn't see.

They'd probably think she was... REBELLING somehow.

Her thoughts were interrupted by the sound of footsteps outside.

She ran quickly, ducking behind the couch. She pressed her self against the wall and held her breath as the footsteps came through the door. Judging by the clunking of boots and quick movement of shoes, it was Daryl and Dale.

  "Ready?" She heard Rick from the kitchen.

More footsteps followed him into the living room.

The whole group was there.

She listened to them attempt awkwardly at small talk before getting down to the serious matters. They weren't very good at ignoring the inevitable.

  "I guess we should just put it to a vote..?" Lori asked quietly.

  "What's the point." Dale stated, voice the closest to a growl that she had ever heard from him. "I already know how it'll end up. No one wants to preserve what civilization stands for."

   "Dale, that's not what we're trying to do-." Shane attempted to interrupt.

  "No, you just don't want to try." Dale accused them. "You're saying civilization is dead."

  "This man could hurt our families." Hershel negotiated. "He could hurt our kids."

Diana silently cursed at him. 

  "Believe me, Dale, we don't wanna kill him." Rick told the man. "But this is for the protection of our group. The last thing we want is for our kids to be hurt or scared."

Fine job he was doing at that. He didn't even know Carl had gone into the woods.

  "Diana isn't afraid and neither is Carl." Dale argued in an even tone.

  Diana's heart jumped at the mention of her name.

Go Dale!