Breach

Two days from then, the adults moved in vehicles and Daryl's motorcycle. They were parked in front of their cell block.

  Diana and Carl were tasked with marking a good spot in the field for planting. They were told that Hershel would be up on his feet and he'd be able to tell them what they were planting. 

  Maggie and Glenn had disappeared in the guard tower that day as well. 

Diana hadn't known what they were doing until Daryl yelled at Glenn to come down and he came out with his shirt off. 

   "Ya done?" The archer yelled up at them impatiently. 

   Diana could see the blush on Glenn's face from the ground. 

  "Y-yeah! We'll be down soon!" He vanished back into the guard tower. 

  Diana made a vomiting noise. "Yuck! I can't believe them." She shuddered, glaring up at the guard tower. "That's absolutely disgusting." 

   "What were they doing?" Carl asked from her side as they walked to their cell block to get Hershel. 

  "I'm not saying." Diana said firmly. "If you can't guess it then I'm not telling you." 

  Carl frowned only for his eyes to widen a second later. "Ewwwwww!" 

  "Exactly."

The two fell into an awkward sort of silence as they went along. 

Diana didn't even know how she was supposed to talk to Carl. They basically told each other that they liked each other! What now? Should she continue talking to him like normal? Maybe compliment him? Hold his hand? 

   Now she really wished she had listened to her fathers retelling of her parents meeting. Maybe she could have taken some pointers. 

  Now, she didn't even remember where they met. Or what they'd liked about each other. 

  And if she was being completely honest...

... she was having trouble remembering her parents own names and that scared her. 

Did her dads name start with an N?

D? 

 What would she forget next? 

 "Hey, you okay?" Carl's soft voice pulled her from her spiraling thoughts. 

  She glanced at him before finding herself staring back at the grass. "Yeah, I'm fine. I'm just thinking." She wanted to keep walking and ignore giving him an answer but her companion wasn't about to let that happen.

  Carl snorted. "Thinking? Trying out something new, huh?" He bumped her shoulder playfully as she glared at him. "I'm kidding! But," his tone turned serious and she felt his eyes on her, "what's got you so down?" 

   She held her breath, not knowing if she should lie or tell the truth. 

  Her mind was made up when he took her hand, his pinkie intertwined with hers. 

  "I was just thinking about my parents." She admitted. "I think I'm forgetting them, and I don't know if that's a good thing or a bad thing." 

  He said nothing, just watched her with big blue eyes.