Back to the woods

Hello again!

Thanks for reading and pls vote and comment!

—-

The trees passed by her quickly.

She ran as hard as she could, hoping that the wet on her face wasn't tears.

It couldn't be. Crying? Over people she had known for three days? How stupid would that be. Maybe it was just the idea of innocent people dying. People who did nothing but try to preserve civilization and humanity.

More and more splattered down her face and ran down her cheeks.

She was right. She slowed to a stop and raised her face to the sky. It wasn't tears...

It was raining.

The sky let out a bright flash of lightning and loud roar of thunder.

  Exactly what she needed.

Within seconds she was soaked to the bone and her clothes draped off her heavily. The cold seeped straight to her core, triggering shivers across her whole body.

  What was she thinking.

Running away?

   Why would she do that.

She had no food, no plan, no water, and no weapons.

Diana turned and began to walk in the other direction slowly.

  Maybe she could find her way back?

She wrapped her arms across herself quickly, trying to preserve any warmth she had left. Droplets of water splattered onto her hair and ran down her shirt.

Who was she kidding. She wasn't going to find her way back any time soon.

She shouldn't have run again.

She missed breakfast, and she was probably missing lunch right now.

She was cold.

She wasn't prepared to go back on the run.

She didn't know which way to even go back to camp.

Slowly, she crumpled to the ground and cradled herself. If only the world hadn't ended as she knew it.

    She'd still be curled up on the couch between her mom and dad, watching some western. Maybe they would even turn on one of those Disney movies that her father hated so much. Especially despicable me. He hated it with a passion.

Must've been the little yellow minions.

"Get up, kid." A gruff voice cut through her thoughts.

Blinking as water ran into her face, she raised her head.

Daryl stood in front of her, rain dripping off his face. His short brown hair was plastered to his head."Ya made me walk all the way out here. Now get up." He waved his hand at her to follow.

Gratefulness filled the pit of her stomach, followed by the after taste of irritation.

   For once, she was somewhat happy that he had followed her.

  She stood up shakily and followed him when he turned back to the direction he came.

"Why'd ya run." He yelled over the sound of rain.