Murder attempt

I can't believe this is the 42nd chapter! This book has come so far :) 

I've gotten a lot of reads and all these comments just really make me so happy 😁 

And back to the surprise I mentioned early, I'm adding a lot more to it! So be prepared!

—-

Diana never intended to evesdrop.

Shane just happened to talk very loudly in front of an open window.

"Don't you think it's a bit dangerous? We should just kill Randall now before it's too late." Shane had told Rick in the living room.

Diana sat outside in the porch. She couldn't help but lean a little closer to listen in. She hadn't moved since earlier, and it wasn't really HER fault that Shane decided to talk in front of the window. And it didn't seem like they noticed either.

Especially when he was talking about a topic she was interested in.

"Shane, enough's enough." Rick informed him. "We ain't killin' him."

"We just take him out in the woods." Shane continued, voice growing a bit louder. "Done. Problem solved."

"SHANE." Rick barked. "Enough. We're lettin' him go on the road and that's final. Got it?"

Diana frowned.

Shane still wanted to murder Randall? But everyone was over it!

She didn't turn to look at them. Shane couldn't know she was listening.

"Nobody would know." Shane muttered to himself.

"Well, we can't and you know that." Rick informed him as he began to leave the room. "Now drop it and get ready to go."

Shane didn't say anything until Rick was gone.

"Fine then." He said bitterly. "I'll do it myself."

Diana tensed.

His footsteps receded.

Shane was going to murder Randall.

He was going to do it in secret.

Did she have enough time to tell someone?

Would they even listen to her in time?

Rick might take it directly to Shane, in which he'd deny it and she'd look like she was accusing him without proof.

Lori wouldn't listen and she'd tell her she needed more sleep.

Carl was too young to do anything.

Andrea was... well, she was an idiot. Nothing would come out of that except for her snitching on her.

T-dog didn't exactly strike her as someone who would do anything in time.

And Carol was Carol after all. She was too quiet.

Hershel would probably kick them off their land.

No.

She was in her own.

She leapt up from her spot in the porch and ran to the shed.

She could free him.

Take him out in the woods and let him go.