Prisoners

Okay, so all of you have so many amazing theories! And I love it so much! All it comments are so sweet and hilarious so here's another chapter for you all! 

I'm trying to find out what else I can make in terms of art for this book so that'll be coming up later!

Also, just a warning that I need to explain, I wanted to show the hardships of growing up that a family goes through, so naturally this chapter includes one hard thing most girls face:

Catcalling

Especially by older men.

I don't think catcalling is good but I wanted to include it to show some of those hardships. Just so you know!

Anyway, enjoy!

———

Diana dropped the cards when she first heard Hershels screams.

"Carl, get the keys ready!" She ordered, jumping up and running for the door. She gripped the bars and stared out at the dark empty hallway. She couldn't see them, but she sure could hear every throat scraping scream. 

  Carl joined her quickly and slipped the key into the key hole. "What's happenin'?" He yelled worriedly down the hallway. 

  Diana realized how bad it was once the men came into view. 

Hershel didn't have a leg.

Not anymore. 

And there was blood everywhere...

He'd been bitten and they chopped his leg off. 

Diana pulled the door open quickly, watching in panic as they set Hershel down on the floor. 

  "Is he okay?" She ran over worriedly, dropping down on her hands and knees next to Beth and Maggie. "Is he gonna live? What happened?" 

  Daryl grabbed her and pulled her away quickly. 

  "What gives?!" She nearly yelled, squirming away once he set her on her feet. 

  "He needs space, alright?" He pointed at the gated door quickly. "Go take watch with Carl." 

  "But I want to be there for Hershel!" She protested and tried to run around him. 

  He grabbed her by her waist and moved her in the direction of the door. "I don't want ya seein' this, kid." 

She clenched her fists together. "I've seen worse!" She whipped back around to face him. "What if he dies? I want to at least say goodbye!" 

They couldn't lose anyone else. Especially without being able to say goodbye first. She hadn't been able to say goodbye to Jackie. Or Sophia. Not even Dale. But she could with Hershel. 

  "Hey." He placed his hands on her shoulders, shocking her out of her panicked state. "He ain't gonna die, alright?" He waited until she looked at his concerned face before he kept going. "We ain't gonna let him. But we need y'all to keep watch. Don't let anybody in." 

She took a deep breath, threw one last worried look at the group crowded around the older man, and nodded. "Just... tell me if he's not gonna make it." She briskly walked back to the door, ignoring the cries of Maggie's father as they carried him into one of the cells. Carl trailed after them, leaving her alone at the entrance. She let him though. She could handle this alone. 

She still wanted to be with them so badly.

  They couldn't lose Hershel. 

Mostly because... you know... it sucked when people died.