Nightmares

"Moon princess." A voice whispered to her quietly.

  She couldn't see.

  She couldn't hear.

She couldn't move.

"Come on home now, darlin'."

She tried to spin around, or to see out into the dark.

"You really wanna stay with these people?" The voice asked from behind her back. "You don't belong there! Come home!"

Growling noises began to surround her.

"Come home!" Her mother called from behind her as well. "Come back!"

"Leave my mom in peace!" Sophias voice shouted to her. "You killed me! Go back to your own people."

The growling got louder and louder.

"Leave us alone!" Carl yelled as well. "We don't want you here!"

Cold hands gripped her arms.

She was finally released from whatever had kept her from moving. She struggled and panicked as more and more hands jostled and pulled her in different directions.

"Help!" She called out into the darkness.

The hands pulled at arms and legs, soon gripping her hair as well. Were they walker hands? Were they hands of people?

Right in front of her, stepping from the shadows, was her mother.

Same black dress.

Same honey colored hair.

Same melancholy expression on her face.

"HELP!" She cried out to her, reaching out her hand.

The woman just smiled sadly. "It's for your own good."

With that she stepped back into the shadows, letting the hands pull at her daughter.

Suddenly everything was gone with a hush of wind.

Arms curled around herself loosely, Diana fell to the ground. She looked in every direction to see where the hands went.

"Come home." The voice whispered in her ear again.

She turned quickly, seeing a flash of leather as whoever it was ducked behind her again.

"Come on, moon princess. Lucille can't wait to see ya again."

Walker teeth sunk into the back of her neck right as she let loose a scream.

Flinching, She snapped awake with a gasp. She sat up quickly and tried to slow her breathing down.

Air was coming in too fast.

  In.
  Out.
  In.
   Out.

    In.

   Out.

  In.

   Out.

Once she had calmed herself down she laid herself back into the sleeping bag.

The tent filtered in very little light from the morning sun. Must be early.

She felt like there was something she was forgetting. Something that was supposed to be heavy on her heart. What was it? And why did her head feel so cloudy?