The city

Hi and thanks for reading!

I promise the story gets better so if you made it this far please keep going!

——-

Diana sullenly watched Glenn and everyone begin preparations to leave. Why couldn't she have the freedom to leave as well.

She HAD thought about booking the previous night but Daryl had stayed by the fire again, giving her a warning glare when she peeked her head out to see if the coast was clear.

   "They'll be back." Jackie stated calmly by her side. "They're smart and they're strong."

   Diana scoffed. "Except Merle."

Her blood boiled at the thought of the creepy old man.

   Jackie cracked a smile. "I'm not going to disagree with you."

   Diana crosses her arms and watched the group say their goodbyes. Amy clung to Andrea tightly as she whispered words of assurance. Dale patted Glenn's back affectionately. T Dog shook hands with Jim while Morales kissed his wife goodbye.

    Unsurprisingly, Daryl offered nothing but "don't die" to Merle, in which he received a hard clap on the back.

   Jackie turned to the small blond girl. "If you're gonna miss him, go say goodbye."

   "Merle? Are you nuts?"

   "Glenn."

   "Oh."

She wouldn't exactly MISS him. She would just feel less secure.

  Jackie nudged her forward gently. "Go or you'll regret it."

   "Is that a threat?" Diana poofed her chest out slightly.

  Jackie frowned. "No... it's really not."

   Diana uncrossed her arms. "Fine. I'll go say goodbye." She walked slowly to Glenn, stalling as long as possible.

   "Came to say goodbye, huh?" Glenn grinned as he stuffed a can of food in his pack.

   "No." She denied quickly. "Came to make sure you would get me that notebook."

   "Sure kid."

  Diana pulled her hat further down so she wouldn't have to see anyone.

And so no one would have to see her.

Especially the look on her face.

It was completely stupid to be upset over the possibility of losing someone you just met. Pink flushed across her cheeks, hating the feeling of weakness.

   "Hey," he tipped her hat up, "I'll be back." He reaches into his back pocket and pulled out a small deck of cards. "You can ask Carl to play cards with you in the meantime."

She wrinkled her nose, but still accepted the worn out box. The edges were frayed and dirty but somehow she loved it more.

   "Thanks." She fiddled with the edges.

   "What happened to your cheek?" He clutched her chin and brought her face out of the shadows from her hat, frowning. "Why is the side of your face black and blue?"

  She threw his hand away. "Nothing. Now go already." She crossed her arms. "I'm not a baby and you don't need to worry about me." She hissed, returning to being prickly.

    "I'll worry if you run away." He countered.

Diana stayed silent, irritation and embarrassment flooding her veins.