Leaving for the CDC

The next morning started out peaceful... STARTED.

Diana was barely up for an hour when chaos broke loose. She noted (while eating her can of fruit on the bench next to Carl) many different kinds of drama occurring.

1. Andrea wouldn't let go of her dead sister. She wouldn't stop stroking her hair and crying, whispering sweet nonsense into her unhearing ears. She didn't even let go when Amy's eyes opened, glazed green and snapping her teeth at her sisters neck. Andrea shot her quickly, returning to stroking her hair.

2. Jim was bit by a walker. He had tried to hide it, but Jackie was no idiot. She yelled to everyone when he tried to beg her to tell no one. Jim was sat down in the RV, breathing heavily. Daryl wanted to shoot Jim before he turned. Glenn told him that they don't kill the living.

3. Rick and Shane kept arguing about where they were going to head to next. To Diana, it was obvious that staying would be stupid. Shane wanted to go to some fort and Rick wanted to check out the CDC. Shane wanted survivors and fighters... Rick wanted a cure. With much discussion and involvement of others, it was decided that they would leave for the CDC when they finished burning the bodies.

The adults were about halfway done when Daryl decided to flick the back of her head while passing her.

"Ow!" She flinched, dropping her can of fruit, and rubbed her head. "What was that for?!"

Daryl shrugged, still walking. "All ya do is sit around. Ya ain't helpin'."

Lori gave him a horrified look from the other side of the picnic bench. "She can't help move dead bodies!"

Diana glared at both of them. "I can so!" She hopped off the bench. "And I bet I can move more bodies than you!" She challenged, crossing her arms, and stomping over to Daryl.

Daryl snorted. "Is that so?"

She nodded. "I can and I will!"

"Okay if this is a REAL bet, what do I get if I move more?"

Diana paused to think. "I'll give you..." she tapped her foot, "I'll give you one free hit in the shoulder, hard as you like, no consequences from anyone."

Daryl raised his eyebrows. "Tempting. And if you win?"

"I want the crossbow, obviously."she placed her hands on her hips.

Lori stood and pulled her away by her shoulders. "No, to both of you, she- you are not participating in any betting!"

Diana shrugged her off. "My honor has been challenged."

Carl snorted from behind Lori, "what honor?" He quickly looked away when his blonde peer glared at him.

"Come on, Grimes." Daryl smirked. "I'd like to punch the kid without gettin in trouble."

Diana interrupted. "That's only IF you win!"

"When." He corrected.

"IF!"

"Let's see if your actions are as big as your words, huh?" Daryl waved her to follow him to the walker pile.

Diana scampered after him, ignoring Lori's calls to come back.

"This is the pile we're movin'." He pointed around the dead bodies piled on top of one another. "And over there is the burn pile." He pointed the other way. "Let's go." He grabbed a walkers leg and began dragging it.

She hurried after him, fighting to pull her own walker body along.

"Diana I don't want you to do this!" Lori pleaded from the side.