Asskicker

So I figured out what I want to do in one of the later seasons (the one that makes the fans cry, y'all know what I'm talking about) and I'm not gonna give spoilers but I will however tell you I based parttttttt of it off Love story by Taylor swift! Ack you're gonna love it

Anyway let's go!

——-

"What names are you thinking?" Diana asked softly, trying not to wake the sleeping baby. She and the boy in the sheriffs hat sat against the wall in cell block C, waiting for Daryl to get back with the formula and for Rick to get his act back together.

  Carl curled his arms around the tiny girl a little tighter. "I haven't settled on one yet. I've got plenty of ideas though." 

  His companion poked the baby's cheek gently. "Like what?" 

  "You'll have to wait until I can come up with more than two." Carl smiled gently, only for the look to slide off his face a moment later. "I can't believe she's gone." 

   Diana skooched closer to him, already knowing he was talking about Lori. "I know. It all happened so fast..." 

One moment Lori was okay and the next a small version of her took her place. 

  "And one of the last things I did was yell at her." Carl hung his head. 

  "Hey," Diana placed her arm over his shoulder, "it's okay. She knew that you loved her. You saw that, didn't you?" 

  Carl didn't respond. He just looked at his little sister forlornly. 

  "I'm not gonna let you do this to yourself." Diana insisted. "Lori loved you. Hell, she even loved me." She placed a hand over her chest to further emphasize her point. "I know it hurts that she's gone. I'm not gonna be able to get over this for a while, but at least I have you and you have me. Right?" 

  Carl took some time, but he finally nodded. "Yeah, we have each other." 

  "And Rick ain't here right now, but you still have him. Him and the rest of our group." Diana nodded to herself. "Got me?" 

  He lifted the corner of his mouths into a sort of half smile. "Yeah. I got you."

  There he was.

They'd both need time to heal but at least  they could do that together.

Carls cold fingers closed around her hand gently and she returned the favor quickly. 

She didn't know when it became normal for them, but she didn't care. Having someone's fingers around hers was a comfort she hadn't known she wanted. 

  "Think Lori would be a good name for her?" Carl asked, turning his blushing face to the baby. 

  "I think any name would work for a cute face like that." Diana grinned and followed his actions. 

  "Even a name like Gretel?" The boy raised an eyebrow at her.

  She snorted loudly. "No, not Gretel!" 

 "I think Gretel would be a great name." Carl defended jokingly. 

  "I think I should be in charge of naming her." Diana rolled her eyes. "The poor kid doesn't want to go around her whole life being named after some dumb fairy tale character." 

  Carl narrowed his eyes at her playfully. "What would you name her then?" 

 Diana looked down at the little baby's face intently. Nothing seemed to come to her at all. "I don't know. If it were me I'd at least name her after someone important to me." She reached down and gently held onto one of the babies hands.