Adventures of living nowhere

In this chapter I wanted to focus on some stuff that happened before the prison so here we were! The format is a bit different since I wanted to focus on some smaller sections and moments, but it'll go right back to normal when they get to the prison. I wanted some time skips to show how long they were out on the road. 

Also... we're finally starting to reach romance territory with Carl and Diana *insert eyebrow wiggling here*

——

   That one house they had when she found out how babies were made had been one of her favorites but they only had about four days there before more walkers showed up. That kinda sucked. They didn't find their next house for a week, so those seven days were spent walking though the woods and sleeping on the forest floor. It especially didn't help when she ran out of  the few Advil pills she and Maggie found at the store. 

She'd ignored everyone that week so she could die peacefully.

But thankfully, unlike what she had previously believed, periods only lasted seven days at most. 

Their next house was in a smaller neighborhood. There was a small store and a little playground but it was low on supplies. 

   They needed more ammo, extra bandages, and definitely more food. 

  As they browsed stores Diana hope to maybe find some canned fruit. Possibly pears, or peaches, SOMETHING other than baked beans. 

Sadly, there was no fruit. But they managed to find something other than baked beans!

Refried beans.

Barely a step up. 

  They found some new clothes and Maggie pointed it out to Diana (separately) that it was about time she started thinking about wearing a bra. 

Puberty in the apocalypse... yay. 

  While she and Maggie searched for bras, Diana found something very interesting. She thought it was a weird square shaped poster but it was too heavy for that. Once it was in her hands, she immediately recognized it and tucked it in her bag for later.

———

When everyone was settled in the new house and fast asleep (with Carol and Rick keeping watch upstairs on opposite sides of the house) Diana sat up from her spot and crawled over to Carl.

She shook him lightly so she wouldn't wake up the adults. "Carl." She whispered, shaking him a bit harder. "Carl I found something!"

   The freckled boy snorted awake. "You... what?" 

  She pulled on his arm quickly. "I found something cool and I want you to hear it!" 

  He rubbed hIs eyes and sat up. "You mean..." he yawned widely, "look at it?" 

  She shook her head vigorously. "No! You need to hear it!" She pulled him to his feet. "I set it up in the basement so no one would hear it.  But let's go! They'll change shift in an hour!" She walked quietly through the sleeping adults and opened the basement door. 

   Carl looked at her skeptically. "You're not gonna scare me... right?" 

  She frowned at him. "No I wouldn't scare you."