Panic

Let me know what you think of part three! I had fun writing this and each chapter takes FOREVER so please drop a comment :P

----

   Diana woke up slowly, eyes still closed. Her eyes felt sticky and her head felt like it had been split down the middle with an axe. She groaned and reached up to touch her forehead.

   She found a soft bandage instead of bloody skin.

   Quickly, her eyes sprang open.

Where was she? What was going on? Why was her head bandaged? And where was that man?

She sat up and looked around her quickly.

   She spotted the light blue sides of the inside of the tent, along with a water bottle, a couple of books, and a dirty plate. Clothes were folded neatly in the corner.

  She looked down and noticed that she was placed in a dark orange sleeping bag. The cut on her arm was bandaged to.

   Next to the sleeping bag was her blue baseball cap. She snatched it and placed it on her head, thoughts running in circles at a million miles an hour.

  She quickly shuffled out of the bag and stood up, head spinning.  She ripped the bandage off her head, almost as if that would stop the pounding. She threw it away.

   Voices.

    She heard voices outside.

  Silently, she unzipped the tent and peered out.

   Once her eyes adjusted to the light she could make out a picnic table. There sat about five people. All of them were kids. Off to the side, about twenty feet, was a crowd of adults. Behind them was the forest.

   She noticed a small brown bag leaned up against the side of a dark green tent. The tent was near the kids, but a good distance away from the adults.

Excellent.

   She knew she could out run children. As for adults... she only needed to get to the trees before she would lose them. She could climb exceptionally well. Her father used to take her hunting when she was little. He tried to have her use the hunting perch to catch deer, but she trusted the strength of branches over the strength of metal stapled to a tree.

   She slowly pulled the zipper the rest of the way down and cautiously stepped out.

  No one had spotted her yet.

once her head had stopped spinning... she prepared to run.

  She darted behind an other tent, waiting ten seconds before peering over the other side.

  The children were coloring in books and the adults were involved in a heated conversation. Hands were thrown up in exclamation.

No one knew she was up.

She darted to the next tent.

Still, no one saw her. She was so close to snatching her bag.

  She watched a dark woman excuse herself from the group and walk over to the light blue tent. The one she had just left. Fear spiked in her stomach and her eyes widened.

  She watched the woman go in, only to come back out quickly. She heard her shout for people to come look. The adults quickly jogged to the tent to hear what the woman had to say.

   They were distracted.

   Perfect.

   Diana dashed out from behind the tent.