Rick Grimes. (Prologue)

Okay here we go! New story! I've really enjoyed writing it so far and I've got big plans for it. So if you could vote and comment I would really appreciate it! Also request for my random one shots book! Or don't lol I can't control you :P but it would be very appreciated! if you've made it this far please keep reading it only gets better ( I think)

anyway... ONWARD!!!
~~~~~

Diana sat in a circle with her family. Blood dripped down her neck from her lips.

Everything was red.

  Red

        Red

  Red

How could everything have gone so wrong so quickly?

Her eyes never left the blond man she once knew. She watched him as her fury and fear grew louder and louder, echoing off her skull.

That was, until Negan stepped out of the van. He walked about the circle, until his eyes landed on her.

"Fancy seein' you again, Darlin'."

                                ————————

     Rick stumbled into the street, a hospital gown draping his skin. He knew there was something wrong. There was something off. Maybe it was intuition...

   Or maybe it was the woman, chopped in half, chomping her teeth to get at his ankles.

     He rubbed his eyes, the sun glaring right into his vision. It had been a week and a half since the start, and a day since his IV ran dry. It had been even longer since he last saw the sun.

    Where was everyone?

  Why hadn't he waken up to nurses and doctors?

   Or his family's familiar faces?

   He spotted bodies. Bodies walking. Maybe three.

   He couldn't understand... he couldn't understand any of it...

   The light off a gun reflected into his eyes. He blocked it and moved to see where it was coming from.

   The revolver was placed in the holster on the side of a walker. The man... or whatever he was now... shuffled toward Rick.

  He was deathly pale.

   "Sir," Rick's voice cracked, "sir, are you okay?" He held his hand out, trying to make it a comforting gesture to someone possibly in need.

   Edging closer, the man stared at him with hungry dead eyes. His clothes were torn and draped off his skinny frame, his eyes laid sunken in his face.

    "Sir?" He asked again, stumbling back.

    The man growled and advanced further.

    "Are you-?"

    With a blur, the man was down.

   Nearly tripping over his own feet, Rick let out a horrified gasp.

   On the ground was a little girl, around Carl's age, placing her knife in the mans forehead. Her light blond hair, tucked under her baseball cap, clung to her dirty face. The crunch echoed in Ricks head, reverberating off his skull.

  That was the first walker he had ever seen killed.

   She quickly wiped her knife on the walkers shirt and snatched his revolver. She opened the back to check how much ammo was left. Satisfied, she clicked it shut and began patting the double dead man down.