Home

Howdy y'all! There's been so much angst lately lol I'm gonna try to tone it down over the next few chapters haha. But anyway I had so much fun writing the last chapter and I'm so happy you all liked it!

Up above is a song that reminded me of Diana seeing her childhood home again^ for you all to enjoy :)

ALSO! You know how lately TWD has been releasing origin episodes? When this book is done (which won't be for a while don't worry) I'll create an origin story told by Diana about how everything happened in the beginning!

Anyway here's the next chapter!

——

She didn't know why she wanted to go back home originally. But, a whole four or five hours in a car alone gives a girl a lot of time to think.

She needed time away.

By herself.

Somewhere only she knew and somewhere only she was familiar with. She had a lot to think about.

First she lost Lori.

Then she got taken by the governor.

And then Daryl left.

And on top of that she kissed Carl. Why had she done that? What was she thinking?

Her face flushed a bit and she gripped the steering wheel to get that thought out of her head.

There was too much stacked on her plate and she needed to be by herself to sort it all out.

Away from someone who wanted her to talk about it before even she herself could fully grasp it.

Away from someone who hovered at her side making sure that there wasn't a moment she was alone.

Away from someone who made her thoughts wobble.

She needed to think.

And what was a better place than her old home right?

If she wanted to get everything together then she needed to stop running from her past if she wanted to focus on her future with her new people.

Sort it out.

Come back.

Maybe take that toy she saw in the doorway.

She loved that toy dearly. It used to spend every night on her bedside.

Maybe Judith could use it.

Diana resituated herself so she could see over the dashboard better. She'd taken three books for her to sit on earlier and they kept slipping. Life's hard when you're smaller than most adults.

And when you've barely driven before.

She hit five walkers within the first hour and almost one squirrel. Luckily it got out of the way before she could even react.

She had... maybe twenty minutes left of driving? She'd know she was close when she saw an old road sign. Her mom used to pass it whenever they drove to the zoo. Her dad never passed it though. He always took a detour to the gas station to grab a pack of cigarettes for him and soda to share. Her mother hated it but never got too upset.

She wasn't the angry type.

"And I am, huh?" A new voice nearly caused her to swerve off the road.

She hit the brakes before she could hit a tree. "Are you kidding me? I'm still dealing with you?" She whipped around to glare at his smug face. "Why am I still hallucinating about you?!"