Chaos unfolds

Dang there's almost forty chapters and I'm still in season 2 XD or is it season 3? Idk any more. Anyway, I love this book so much :3 and I'm glad people are enjoying it! Thanks so much for 3,500 reads!! And all of your comments are amazing! It makes my day so much better when I see someone enjoying my work :)

——

Diana was almost asleep by the time Daryl had finally gotten up.

She didn't even know he was leaving at first. She thought he was just shuffling around. But she realized he was leaving when his back left hers.

  He shook her shoulder lightly, testing if she was awake.

  She forced herself not to react or tense.

It was almost time to put the new plan into action.

  Once Daryl had gotten up and left, she got up to.

She lifted the tent flap slowly, watching his figure head for the barn. There was a light on inside the building. If Rick was in the barn, then Carl should be by the tree.

She shook the sleep off herself and crawled out of the tent.

She snuck quietly to the tree in front of the house.

Carl was already there, his back leaned against it. "Hey!" She whispered not very silently.

  Carl jumped and then relaxed once he saw it was only Diana. "Hey." He waved to her to come closer. "They're getting everything prepared right now so they don't have Randall out yet." He peered around the tree to watch the barn door. "And we should watch out for Dale. Dad wanted him here but he decided he'd rather walk in the field."

  Diana peered around the tree as well. "I guess Dale couldn't sleep, huh?" She asked softly. Poor Dale. All his hard work was going down the drain right in front of his eyes. "So did they decide on hanging or shooting him?" Her stomach twisted at the question but she needed to know.

  "Looks like they're gonna shoot him." Carl pointed at the entrance. "See? Dad's loading up his gun."

  If she squinted she could see what he was talking about. She could also see Shane heading for the shed Randall was in.

  "Did they even tell Randall? Or are they going to spring it on him." She couldn't keep the bitterness from her voice.

"They probably didn't." Carl shrugged. He didn't seem too interested in the idea. "But I want to get closer."

"Carl we're gonna get caught." Diana argued. "I really don't want to watch."

"Then go back to your tent!" Carl told her before edging closer to the barn. "You don't need to go with me!"

This wasn't normal behavior for Carl. Why did he want to see this guy get shot? What happened to Carl wanting to do everything his parents said? What happened to Diana being the loud mouth rebellious one in the friendship?

Diana didn't want to but she followed after him quickly. "No way I'm letting you go alone!"

Carl didn't respond.

What was up with him?

They both got closer to the barn in silence, ducking behind another tree when Shane came out of the shed dragging Randall behind him.

"Come on." Carl waved for her to follow after him. "I wanna hear what they're saying."

Diana pursed her lips together but trotted after him anyway.