Nomads, a motorcycle, and...babies?

Thank you all for the wonderful comments and all the reads it means so much to me! I'm so happy you all enjoy this book 🥰🥰

Also I'll be adding more drawings to it later!

(And I take requests for my one shot book so if y'all have any ideas feel free)

—-

"Daryl's gonna scout, ahead." Rick told everyone that next morning. "He'll take his bike, head west for a while, and come back."

That night had been rough on everyone. Even though Diana had spent the early days of the apocalypse sleeping in the woods, she was no longer used to sleeping on dirt. It was a familiar feeling but no longer one she preferred over a bed. It was itchy and uncomfortable.

  It especially didn't help that the hands came back in her sleep.

They crawled over her skin and left her feeling unprotected.

Weak.

Alone.

  "What's he looking for?" Beth questioned as she brought her blonde hair into a pony tail. "We could all just stay together." 

  "He's lookin' for any sign of herds." Rick explained as Daryl gathered his stuff. "That way we'll know the direction we're headin' is safe."

Diana eyed his motorcycle.

It was just like the ones her father used to fix up at home. Technically, she hadn't gone for a ride on one since before world turned in favor of the dead. The night at the farm didn't count since she jumped off. 

She wanted the wind in her hair.

She wanted to blast over the road with the sound of a roaring engine in her ears. 

Maybe... 

She picked up her bag and trotted over to Daryl's bike, waiting for him to turn around. 

  Once he did he narrowed his eyes. "No." 

  She scoffed. "You don't even know what I was gonna say!" 

 "I already know, and the answer is no." He brushed past her and tied his bag to the seat.

  "Just let me ask!" She begging, running around to the other side of the bike so she faced him. "Please?" Ew she hated saying please. Especially to Daryl... but she was desperate.

He didn't even bother looking up at her, he just continued tying his bag. "Fine." He rolled his eyes. "Diana, what do ya want."

  She didn't even miss a beat. "I want to come with you on the bike." 

"No." He stood up and grabbed his crossbow from the car. "There. Ya asked your question, and ya got yer answer." He nodded his head in the direction of the others. "Now beat it." 

  She ran in front of him, effectively cutting him off before he could get to his bike. "Come on! I just want to ride on the motorcycle!" She stepped in front of him again when he tried to walk around her. "Just one time!" 

   "Why the hell do ya want to ride on the bike?" He rolled his eyes as he tried to avoid her again. "Don't ya got dolls or somethin' to play with?"

She planted her hands on her hips. "It's the apocalypse. Why would I have dolls." 

 He shrugged. "Don't all little girls got dolls?" 

  "That's just a... what's that word again." She paused, trying to think of the word she heard her mom say once. "Something about a radio... and a type." She frowned at the ground. "Do you know what word I'm talking about?"