Taken

They climbed the stairs quickly, guns pointed in every direction possible. Diana was sandwiched between T and Glenn, T flanking the back.

"Glenn I can't breathe." She gasped, feeling like a sardine in a can. The group was pressed too close together.

"Should have thought about that before you snuck in." Glenn commented.

She grumbled, fingers dancing on the fabric above her knife.

The stairway was too dark for her liking. Rick, who was in the front, was the only one that held a flashlight. She could barely make out the fabric of Glenn's white shirt in front of her.

Her shoe clipped the step in front of her, causing her to stumble.

She clutched the back of Glenn's shirt, finding some sort of balance.

"Sorry." She whispered.

After about five minutes they reached the door to the roof.

Rick glance at every group member. "Ready?"

T stepped forward, preparing the clippers he brought to destroy the chain.

Everyone nodded their approval, Glenn holding firmly onto Diana's shoulder.

T snapped the chain in half and threw the door open, light filtering in too quickly.

They filed out into the roof as fast as possible.

Glenn pulled her in front of him, casting a look back at the dark stairwell. The adults crowded around the bar that Merle most likely had been chained to, blocking her view.

Daryl growled. "Where is he?"

"Oh God what is that?" Rick gasped.

Diana tried to stand taller but couldn't see anything.

T covered his mouth. "I'm gonna throw up man."

The blonde girl stepped around the adults to see what they were all looking at.

A bloody hand...

Separated from its body...

She felt bile begin to rise in the back of her throat.

The fingers were still curled up, resting.

  Ironically, it was the same hand that had slapped her on her first night.

Daryl picked up a small saw laying next to it, red dripping from the teeth. "Must have cut his way out." He scooped up the hand and walked to Glenn, placing the hand in a piece of cloth. He forced him to face the other way and shoved the hand into his back pack.

   Glenn screwed his eyes shut as if he was willing himself not to be in the situation he was in.

   "Must've climbed down over here." Daryl pointed to the trail of blood that lead to the edge of the roof. "Come on. This way."

  The followed Daryl through the building to a small kitchen that Merle had climbed through.

  Diana didn't know if Glenn was tightly holding her shoulder for her sake or for his.

   "What's that?" Rick moved along the trail of blood, leading him straight to the oven.

  On the stove was a crusted pile of some sort of meat. It was definitely burnt to the stove.

  Daryl inspected it quietly, shouldering him crossbow. "Must have cauterized the wound."