A day with Dale

Hey guys thanks for all the support!

I uploaded a Daryl x reader oneshot on my random one shots book and I think it's super duper cute so go check it out!

Also thanks for nearly 3000 reads!!!!!
——

Convincing moral people not to murder an innocent boy proved harder than Diana thought.

Glenn wouldn't look either one of them in the eyes while they talked. He kept distracting himself with working on the RV or walking to pick up a new piece.

"Come on, Glenn, you really wanna murder a boy who has done nothing wrong?" Dale argued, following after him. "Is this what this group's come to?"

Glenn eventually groaned. "Dale, I respect you, alright? But no one else is gonna take your side! They want him gone... and with Shane in charge... it's most likely gonna happen." He picked up a dirty rag and wiped the grease off his hands. "I'm sorry, man."

"So you'll take his side if we can get more people with us?" Diana jumped on the loophole quickly. "Then you'll be on our side?"

Glenn gave her a suspicious look. "Are you even supposed to know about this? I thought Rick and Lori wanted you out of this!" He draped the rag across his shoulder.

Diana glared at him and opened her mouth to speak before Dale rested he hand on her shoulder. "I'm excusing her from that, because this is a serious situation! Just because she's only eleven doesn't mean she's not allowed to have an opinion."

She smirked at Glenn. "See? Dale's cooler than you are."

"Think about it, okay?" Dale asked the now flustered boy. "Please. That's all we're asking."

  "I thought you thought I was cool!" Glenn called as the two walked away.

"Not anymore!"

Andrea?

No luck.

She didn't even give Dale a chance to speak before saying she was already on Shane's side.

T-dog wasn't as adamant as Andrea, but he still couldn't look Dale in the eyes. He told them both that he thought it was safer with Randall out of the picture.

Maggie sided with Glenn.

Beth wasn't considered well enough to have a vote.

Hershel and his wife were with Shane.

Jimmy refused to participate in the vote.

Carol didn't think that keeping Randall around was safe for the group.

What was the point of running all over the camp if no opinions could be changed?

"Well this is shaping up to be a great day." Dale sighed as the two marched their way up to Daryl's tent. "Can't believe it."

"That Daryl's tent is so far away?" She panted. "Or that the whole group has gone bonkers?"

She knew Daryl hated being around other people, but these measures seemed waaaaay too extreme.

Dale chuckled dryly. "Both."

  "I better be super muscly after this." Diana complained. "If I'm not I'll just die." She kicked around the grass.

Dale peered at her from the corner of his eyes. "So, tell me about your group. You're old one."

  Her stomach leapt up into her rib cage before she forced herself to remember that Dale was trustworthy. "Well... they're very different from this one."