Jenner likes fire

The day was halfway done when the air went out.

   Diana and Sophia had been sitting in their room with Carl, when all sounds of AC went silent.

   "Hey what gives?" Glenn's voice called from the hallway.

   T' joined him."Bro what happened to the air?"

  Other people walked out of their rooms and into the hallway.

   Diana closed the drawing she had been working on and leapt up, grabbing Sophia's hand. Carol got up from her bed and followed them.

   "Jenner?" Rick called, leading the group down the hallway. "Jenner what's goin' on?"

  The doctor walked briskly down the hallway in front of them.

They all jumped as the lights began to flicker.

  "The system is doing just what it was designed to do." Jenner said, too calmly. "It's cutting out power from the non essential energy users."

   "And AIR is non essential?" Dale accused. "There's somethin' goin' on that your not tellin' us."

   "The computers are designed to stay on till the last possible moment." Jenner stated nonchalantly.

   "The hell does that mean?" Daryl charged after him.

    "The building is cutting out the lights, the air, and the water." Jenner explained as he jogged down the stairs, Daryl hot on his heels.

  "How can a buildin' do anythin'?"

"It's following a schedule." Jenner pointed to the red timer as they entered the computer room. "The grid's running out of juice. Just like in France before they could find a cure."

   Shane followed right after the man. "The hell with this man! What are you saying?"

   "The world RUNS on fossil fuel!" Jenner turned around. "I mean, how stupid is that?"

   Shane charged forward, as if he was gonna hit Jenner, but was stopped by Rick grabbing his arm.

  "Shane, enough!" He pulled him away. "Lori, everyone, grab your stuff!" He pushed the group toward the door. "We're gettin' our of here! NOW!"

  A loud siren blared all across the room, everyone stopping as an emergency red light flared.

  "What is that?" Carl whimpered, eyes going wide.

  "I don't know." Diana mumbled, turning to look at all the lights.

   The robotic voice, VI, began speaking.

  "30 minutes until decontamination." The bright red timer appeared on the big screen.

   29:59

  "WHAT THE HELL!" Daryl yelled at Jenner.

  Diana's stomach dropped.

  "Come on!" Shane yelled, shocking everyone front their stupor. "Everybody go! Get your stuff now!"

  Diana grabbed Glenn's hand and ran with the group for the doors.

   Jenner leaned over his desk and pressed one of the blue buttons.

   The doors began to close.

  "No!" Rick charged for the sliding metal door.

  He didn't even make it three feet before it slammed shut.