Governor

Diana nearly dropped her knife.

Merle was supposed to be dead. 

Or somewhere far far FAR away.

Not right in front of her with a gun pointed at Maggie's head. 

 "Well well well!" Merle chuckled to himself. "China man an' lil cupcake made it!" 

Cupcake.

Ugh.

That made her feel sick. 

Glenn raised his gun to, eyes narrowing dangerously. "Diana, get behind me." 

  Psh, he didn't need to tell her twice. 

She scrambled behind him, knife out in case the disgusting man tried anything. 

 "How the hell did you survive." Glenn barked at Daryl's brother.

  Merle held out his hands as if in surrender. He lowered his gun to the ground and let it drop. "Cauterized the wound, found myself in a medicine storage area and made myself this lovely." He gestured to his right hand.

Or rather, where his right hand had been.

There was metal, not flesh. 

Right on top was... a knife.

A sharp, glinting knife.

Merle smirked when he caught Diana staring at it wide eyed. "Ya like that, cupcake?" 

   She glared at him and ducked behind Glenn again. This couldn't end well... things with Merle never seemed to end well. 

  Glenn tightened his grip on his weapon when the man stepped closer. "That's far enough." 

  Diana had never seen Glenn this intense. 

He didn't even seem scared.

He simply looked ready to shoot Merle in the face.

"I just wanna know..." Merle cleared his throat, "where's my brother?" 

  Of course he'd want to know that. 

But they couldn't trust Merle! He tried to kill Rick and then he stole their van! He couldn't be brought back to Daryl. No way. 

Besides... Daryl had changed so much since he last saw his brother. 

Would he even want to see him? 

Diana hoped not. 

"He's alive." Glenn answered curtly. "Alive and with us." 

The man before them seemed to sigh with relief.

Somehow everything he did made her feel like it was all one big show to get them to trust him.