Safety

Pov change

"Two walkers!" Andrea shouted, her sniper aimed at the edge of the tree line. "Ones really tall and the other is smaller!" She situated herself, finding the top of the RV very uncomfortable.

"Walkers?" Dale questioned.

Hershel heard the shouting and came as fast as he could. "In my property? Impossible. We've never had walkers make it through our fence."

"Look for yourself!" Andrea shouted down.

Rick left the house and joined the small group. Carl was healing up just fine (thanks to Otis's sacrifice and Shane's bravery), so now he could devote more attention to his group.

"Where?" He called up to her.

"That way!" She pointed quickly. "I think I can shoot them from here."

Rick held up a hand to stop her. "No you can't. You're not a good enough shot yet and the noise'll attract more." He pulled out his knife and gestured for Glenn to follow him. "We'll get them ourselves."

        watching them jealously as they ran into the field to attack the walkers, Andrea huffed.

  Of course she was never allowed to do anything big.

  Ever since she tried to kill herself at the CDC Dale didn't trust her with anything at all.

  It wasn't a big deal. She was fine now.

    She peered through her scope, curious as to why Glenn, Shane, and Rick had slowed down.

  Why would they do such a thing?

  They were walkers!

  Walkers needed to be shot through the head.

  All of them.

  She propped her gun up, situated it, and placed her finger on the trigger.

  Rick would thank her later.

  Who knows? Maybe she was saving his life right now. Maybe, because of his stupidity, the walker would attack him and land a bite. Then the whole group would spiral into chaos. Lori would die from a broken heart. Carl would rebel against the group and run away.

    That is... if Andrea didn't shoot first.

   (I am not throwing away my. Shot. Hehe sorry)

  Instead she would be met with high praise. And apologies.

  Especially apologies.

"Andrea." Dale warned from the ground. "Don't."

   She rolled her eyes. "Yeah yeah." When he was looking away she glanced back into the scope.

  The tall walker was approaching Rick while the smaller one stayed behind.

  Biggest one first. The little one wasn't a danger.

  The loud shot rang in her ears as the bullet ripped through the air.

  From her view, it had been a head shot.

  The walker has jolted on impact and fell to the ground.

     She did it!

    She saved the group!

  Her triumphant smile wasn't met with a matching happiness or relief.

  It was met with screams of horror.