Betrayal

What in the hot and steamy chicken nuggets do you mean that this has around 71 thousand reads?!

Dang this feels so strange. I'm so glad you all like it!

Sorry for the lack of chapters lately! I warned you all previously that I would be super busy 😬 I'm still kinda in the middle of a lot of stuff but here's the chapter anyway!

————-

Diana waited patiently as Glenn dabbed at her cheek with the old rag. Even though she wanted to hit him for making her face sting she refrained and held still. It wasn't his fault.

To be honest she really really wanted to blame someone.

Anyone.

Anyone but herself.

But Glenn had her hand in his and he was helping her.

How could she be mad at him?

And Maggie couldn't be blamed either. Her side was pressed to hers and her arm was draped across her shoulder. Every now and then she drew her closer.

But... she could feel her staring.

All of them.

Glenn's eyes never left her cheek as he cleaned the blood away.

Maggie looked away whenever Diana caught her glancing at it.

Rick began pacing whenever he happened to catch sight of it.

The only one who didn't seem to stare was that new woman.

What had she said her name was?

M...Michelle? Something with an M...

Michonne. That's right.

Michonne only cleaned the blood off her hands by wiping them on her shirt. She never stared. She just waited.

Diana briefly wondered what Daryl would do if he were there. He'd reacted and disappeared. And not in the way she'd hoped. She just wanted to go home. She wanted him to be calm. Like before. But instead he didn't even want to look at her. He had just lost his temper.

She mentally shook her head and watched the sun rise instead.

He'd be back.

He always was.

With any luck, he was off trying to murder the governor for what he'd done.

"It's gonna be okay." Glenn muttered half heartedly. "I don't think it'll scar."

One look at his wide brown eyes told her otherwise.

He was lying.

It would scar.

She just pressed her lips together and stayed quiet.

"Hey, don't shut down on us." Maggie narrowed her eyes but Diana couldn't bring herself to care.

How could she?

She was too busy being stuck in her own damn head.

She just had to wait.

Wait it out.

Daryl would know what to do.

He'd talked to her about her nightmares.

He'd helped her overcome her fear when she'd been shot by Shane.

He'd gone out of his way to find her and bring her back to the farm.