Merle

Howdy ho my lovelies! 

How are y'all doing? 

Can't wait to for y'all to read this chapter lol ur in for a ride >:)

I have waited so long to get to this point it is inSANE

———-

Diana had never felt prouder than when she was driving with Glenn and Maggie on the way to the store. 

She was useful!

Important!

Screw what those voices in her dreams said!

She was more than ready to start pulling her weight!

More than ready to show her group what she could do!

More than ready to provide! 

"Diana, please stop tapping the car window." Maggie chuckled. "I get that you're excited but please keep it to yourself." 

  Diana hadn't even realized she'd been doing that. She nodded and withdrew her hand from the window. "Sorry. Just nervous." 

   Glenn glanced at her from his spot in the drivers seat. "Nervous, huh? What for?" 

  She shrugged. "I don't know. Maybe just... the fact that I'm finally being trusted to help." She looked back out the window and watched the scenery pass by. "If I mess this up then I won't be trusted." 

Diana could practically hear Maggie frowning. 

  "It's not you that we don't trust, it's the world." She informed her pensively. "You are helpful, really, but do you know how much it would kill me if you got hurt because of something I let you do? How much it would hurt Glenn? Or Daryl?" The woman glanced at the younger girl through the car mirror. "Carl?" 

 ( they're about to find out soon >:3 -authorchan)

  Diana felt a faint blush at Carl's name. "Yeah... I guess..." 

  "Wrong answer, no you don't." Maggie stated. "It would tear us all apart in so many ways. And if you died I'd never be able to stop ballin' on Glenn's shoulder." 

  Glenn snorted. "I don't know, I'd get over it pretty quick. Even if it'd be a lot quieter."

  Diana rolled her eyes. "Ha HA." 

 "You know I'm just messing with you." He grinned. "You remember how much of a mess I was in Atlanta, and that was before I realized how much of a loveable annoyance you were." 

Loveable annoyance? 

Loveable...

Love was supposed to be a family thing...

Not a group thing...

Well...

Wait it wasn't just a family thing. 

After all, Glenn was proving that right now. 

Looking back on it, she DID remember Glenn being a mess when she was taken by that gang. She'd been too panicked to realize it then. She was, after all, about to be thrown off a roof. But now she could remember how wide Glenn's eyes were; how panicked his shouting was.