chapter 18

After defeating the lover's cowardly attack, you and Joseph made an arrangements for a small boat to avoid the politically unstable route from Iran to Iraq , by crossing the Arabian sea at Karachi, and entering the United Arab Emirates .

While on the boat, esidisi being by your side as ur heater as you recounted the others on what was supposed to happen with the enemy the lover's if you didn't interrupt,and telling them you had send Avdol to do some errands .Polnareff leaned forward, "You're telling me that we shrunk our stands and went into Mr. Joseph brain?" You nodded. "Wow, I didn't know Stands could do that. "

"do you want to see? It's take more effort though."You added.

"Well sure, I should try with my Silver Chariot too ." He brought out Silver Chariot and then shrank it down, you did the same as you brought out your other stand and shrinking them down having them stand on the palm of your hand,Silver Chariot joining on your palm . "Awhhh look how small they are esidisi " Esidisi nodded as he ignore the angy kars who didn't like being small like an insect. But kars mood changed after you gives him some small kisses.

You played with them until its time to get off the boat. Once off the boat you brought your stand back as you headed inside a building that seemed to have been built using only windows. This was so Joseph could purchase a car.

You were sitting on a couch next to Polnareff. Behind you is Susanoo playing with your hair, you let him be as Polnareff talk to you.

"Man... if you asked me to, I might even buy you a car." He winked while making a finger gun. "I mean, I know you wouldn't need me to buy you one, but it's the thought that counts, right?"

You lightly patted his shoulder, "That's very sweet of you, Jean."

He gave a cheeky grin, "Hey, we still need to get dinner together sometime. Mr. Joestar's taking a while, why don't we just-" He stopped talking as a clasp envelope was whacked against the top of his head, messing up his hair.

It was none other than the Joestar himself, "I'm terribly sorry to interrupt you when you're so busy, but... we're leaving."

Polnareff stood up, "Mr. Joestar! Come on! Don't mess with the hair. It's really hard to get this hairdo right."

You stood up as well ,calling susanoo to go back,as you watch the French man straighten his hair back up.

Joseph sighed, "Who even cares about your hairstyle. Just hurry up. We need you to drive."

"Righto!" He says as he followed after Joseph. "But, man, Mr. Joestar, why are we riding in such a fancy, expensive car in this sandy place? Why not get an off road vehicle?"

Joseph turned around as the automatic door opened. "You'll find out soon enough."

Polnareff unlocked the car and Joseph took the passenger seat, dubbing himself the Keeper of Maps. The others showed up from wherever they had been before. You were in the middle being sandwiches between Kakyoin and Jotaro.

Polnareff looked out the windows and admired the scenery as he drove. "But, man, I can't believe this country. Every house I see is like a mansion. "

Joseph kept looking at his map "indeed ,all the houses around here would cost 3 or 4 billion in Tokyo."replied Joseph as he look out the window, "Apparently, this is the norm for the people here. Just twenty years ago this was all desert, but thanks to massive profits from the oil crisis, this place grew into a dream-like city."

Polnareff covered his eyes from the bright sun as he look toward it "The sun is harsh out here. But with the air conditioning it's perfectly comfortable inside the car " he then look at the mirror, to look at you only seeing you we're hugging Jotaro and Kakyoin arms " Ah?! (Y/n) i forgot you're sensitive to cold "

You waved away his worries, "No its ok,i don't want y'all to burn with the heat because of me,  I'll be fine." He nooded at you but turn down the air conditioner anyway. Kakyoin's arm suddenly got a little tense as he looked anxiously to the side, he seemed to be deep in thought. "Noriaki, what's wrong?"

"I-It's nothing. The view here is amazing. If anyone were after us, I'm sure we'd spot them, but I feel like someone's watching us, so I can't help looking back." Explained Kakyoin.

"Yeah i can't blame you. " replied polnareff.

"Well, with that in mind, I've been thinking about our route from here to here." Joseph gestured to his map. "About one hundred kilometers west is a village called Yarpline. Because of the desert and mountains, the road is heavily curved. It takes two days to reach by car, so the villagers use a Cessna to travel." He slapped the paper with the back of his hand for emphasis, "I think we should go to the village first, buy a Cessna, and cross the vast Saudi Arabian desert. Up to now, I've been worried that attacks by Stand users would cause any airplane we road in to crash, putting innocent lives at risk. But if we have a Cessna, I can pilot it, and it'll shorten our travel time."

Jotaro leaned back into his seat while lowering the brim of his hat, "I don't really want to board a Cessna with a man who's been through three plane crashes."

Joseph narrowed his eyed at Jotaro, "Well, anyway, I think we should first cross this desert to get to the village of Yarpline. On camels, it would take one day."

Polnareff's eyes widened, "Camels? A Cessna's one thing, but wait a minute! I've never ridden a camel before."

Joseph laughed as he folded up the map, "Leave it to me. I know them very well. I'll teach you how to ride. Just sit back and relax."

Polnareff pulled the car to a stop and you all followed Joseph over to a man in front of a tent sort of place. Several camels were roaming in a fenced off area.

"I would like some camels, please." Spoke Joseph.

"You want camels. Sure, but they're pretty expensive and not easy to care for." Stated the man.

"We're in a very serious, life-or-death situation, so we need them, whatever
it takes. As for payment, how about a trade for that car?" Joseph pointed to the newly bought vehicle.

Everyone shouted "What?!" in surprise. except you.

The man shook his head, "That's way too much, sir."

"Yeah, Mr. Joestar!" Added in Polnareff. "Besides, you just bought that car!"

Joseph had his arms folded and he seemed happy with himself, "Why else do you think I bought such a fancy, expensive car? An off-road vehicle is better in the desert. But I wouldn't be able to write a check in a place like this, and they don't trust cash here. In a place like this, trading is far more effective. If you try and buy safety for cheap in a time of emergency, you'll end up even worse off in the end. Well, it just means we've suffered a lot already." He grabbed the camel guy's hands, "Hey, Mister!"

"Huh?"

Joseph started to shake his hand while handing over the keys, "This seals the deal, right? Oh, I know. To make things more even, I'd like the water in those tanks there. In a desert, that's the most important thing."

"Water is cheap compared to that car. You sure are an odd one."

Joseph laughed again, "Alright, everyone. Let's get ready. Crossing a desert is a tough task. Let's keep our wits about us!"

Yee..